Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Someone else’s router setup and information

ajirvine82
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Just been connected to Fibre following a 5 week delay due to a crushed/damaged conduit. We moved home and brought our router and boosters with us. Had so many issues and currently when I log into my app, the router that is connected isn’t the one in our home. It has circa 18 devices connected including Ring doorbell and cameras, which we don’t own. 
Don’t understand how this can even be possible????

Anyone else experienced this type of ineptitude from Vodafone???

5 REPLIES 5

Tal

Hi @ajirvine82. I'm sorry to hear about the app issue after the home move. Please can you log out and then log back in to the app and see if that resets it to your router and if it still shows the wrong one try to reinstalling the app and logging back in to get it to connect to the correct one.

If for any reason that doesn't work, please DM us over social media so we can check on the router and the connection with the app here.

Thanks for replying. Currently have tried:

logging out and back in. 
Uninstalling the app and logging back in. 
resetting the router. 
factory setting router and boosters. 
spent nearly 2 hours on the phone to Vodafone. 
it’s still the same.
However Vodafone were able to get the boosters attached again, obviously couldn’t do that in the app due to the wrong router being present. 

Hey @ajirvine82. Thank you very much for the update. In this case can you please DM us on social media here, so we can raise this to the App team so they can investigate this issue and help get the correct router and devices on your app.

Having spent over 2 hours with the team via chat and were told it’s all sorted, surprise surprise, it’s still exactly the same. How hard is it to rectify an error where Vodafone have assigned a new router to us, that we didn’t need, nor receive, then install that in someone’s else’s home? What a joke their customer service is. 

hey @ajirvine82. Thank you for the update and I'm sorry to hear the team have not got it fixed this time. If you can message the team again please, I think the best option would be reprovisioning your router on the account to get to resync again and this should get the app to reflect the correct router.