Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Super WiFi 6E Booster

Stesin99uk
2: Seeker

Hi. Can someone confirm if the Super WiFi 6E Booster has an ethernet port to connect a CAT5 cable to? Thanks!

8 REPLIES 8

Effie

Hey @Stesin99uk I hope you are well! You can view the set up of the booster here. The booster back looks like this:

Booster.PNG

This isn't really an answer; which port should be used? 

Cynric
16: Advanced member

.@Julia1343 The one marked 1Gbps. You may have a 2.5Gbps device but these are still fairly uncommon. If it doesn't work then try the other one. Most devices can step-down to a lower speed anyway.

So the 1G port is for domestic products then. Thanks.

I am astounded they only have two ethernet ports on the main hub as well - they are over-estimating the power of the hub. I have rubbish signal in my living room upstairs, and my study downstairs, so will need two boosters for whole-home fibre; yet I also need to plug in my work laptop for stability and my tv (both in the living room) so I need four ethernet ports (to ensure stable extension and stable running of two prioritised devices). 

Ripshod

Is this all you get with Pro 2? Shame on them. Whoever had this brainwave should be taken out and shot. Seriously?

Now the forums can look forward to a tsunami of new members asking how/what?? Gonna be a swell Christmas. 

Cynric

.@Julia1343 Not quite, the ports aren't for "domestic" and "professional", they are just for two different speeds. Devices with 2.5G capability are becoming more common with each passing month.

Jayach
@Julia1343 wrote:

I've tried to connect mine but the useless "expert" team are claiming you don't use ethernet. I need to use it for stability and range, so they refused to give any information. At present mine is plugged in via ethernet and isn't working. Annoying and ineffective service from vodafone, once again. 

I'm not sure I'm reading this thread correctly, but the ports on the extender are surely meant to be for connecting devices, not the hub.

Edit: I think I just agreed with the Wi-Fi Xperts, I need to lay down.

Julia1343

I've tried to connect mine but the useless "expert" team are claiming you don't use ethernet. I need to use it for stability and range, so they refused to give any information. At present mine is plugged in via ethernet and isn't working. Annoying and ineffective service from vodafone, once again.