Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

THG3000 wifi performance

GarySwift
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

How good is the wifi on the THG3000 as I have changed isp due to poor wifi from their router/modem. I did read somewhere that if subscribing to the 910mps package you automatically got provided with the superior Ultra Hub. Took delivery of the new router today only to find that I've been supplied with the THG3000. Hope this will solve my wifi issues.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jayach
16: Advanced member

@Jayach wrote:
Vodafone could update it for you, but I'm not sure they would be willing to do that as they apparently should be returned at end of contract.

Actually that is not possibly not true, others has stated it on here, but checking the price plan here:

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/cs/groups/configfiles/documents/document/vfcon118097.pdf

10.3) says: 

Jayach_0-1695917857752.png

So yes, people could sell them on.

View solution in original position

39 REPLIES 39

Yes The number is my Freinds  number 

but it proved a point  the THG 3000 router is not fit for purpose 

the other  pro ultra router is perfect in the whole house  same performance as Bt Hub 2

he has  a document  from vodafone  to say he can move at any time with no charges

i cant understand why vodafone  just are so arkward  in the directors office 

he has had 5 mobile accounts with vodafone  for over 25 years  never missed a bill payment 

how can you vodafone  afford  to lose such a good customer 

Jayach

@IanPye1000 wrote:

but it proved a point  the THG 3000 router is not fit for purpose 

No, it proved the new Ultra router has better Wi-Fi than the THG3000, but we knew that already, it's the one of the reasons the new router exists.

Did your friend not ask if they could upgrade to Pro II, so they could get the Ultra router?

The wanted a hugh  price increase over £20.00 extra per month

BT quoted  £29.00 per month with new Hub 2  200 mbps hub 2  would work ! everyware 

Vodafone Price  £27.00 never stated  what hub when ordering on line   THB 3000  wi fi range awfull 

Jayach

@IanPye1000 wrote:

Vodafone Price  £27.00 never stated  what hub when ordering on line   THB 3000  wi fi range awfull 

Actually they do state what router you get, not by the THG3000 number though, but that would be meaningless to a new customer, but it is obvious the Pro II service has a superior one. 

Jayach_0-1695922724287.png

And the THG3000 Wi-Fi range is not awful. I, and many others, are perfectly happy with it.

I get your friend wasn't happy, but that doesn't mean the THG3000 is a bad router.

THB 3000 poor when compared to bt Hub 2   in average sized house maybe vf need to find a improved basic hub 

Jayach

@IanPye1000 wrote:

The wanted a hugh  price increase over £20.00 extra per month

That is strange, as if you check the website for prices in your area, Pro II is £14.00 extra for 73/100/200 speeds, and £12.00 for 500/900 speeds (why different increases on different speeds?) 

And that gives 4G back up and a Super Wi-Fi 6E Booster. Still if he is going to leave anyway, it doesn't really matter.

Jayach

Also, had they discovered their problems with the Wi-Fi on the THG3000 in the first 14 days, they could simply have cancelled.

He has a letter  and can go at any time  he just cant understand why vodafone wont help to resolve 

He just thinks vodafone are a joke currently  

he will vote with his feet  soon  and go to another provider for mobiles and Broadband 

Roy272
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Good luck with that my THG3000 is the worst router I have ever had!!!

Ripshod

The THG3000 isn't bad generally, it's just likely you have a bad one. It happens.