Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

THG3000

maser
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I've just had my Vodafone service activated (coming from BT) and have like many others found out how horrifically bad the THG3000 is. It's not just bad it's absolutely unusable. 

I have wireless AP's around my house and most things in my house are wired where possible so I've never had any issues with provider supplied routers as they only need to provide the basic tasks whilst my wired network and AP's sort out the rest. 

Well what a nightmare the last 2 weeks have been since the THG3000 arrived. Poor speeds even over wired connection. Not renewing IP's for devices and I  have to restart it. But worst of all it breaks everything on my internal network - SMB shares not working, UPNP not working properly and even shared printers not working right.

I've ended up having to buy a new router myself and all the problems have gone away. Very disappointing and all Vodafone support offers Is - have you turned it off and on and connected using a ethernet cable.. ?

1 REPLY 1

CrimsonLiar
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

I'd probably have suggested resetting the APs and network switches, that might (or might not) have done the trick.  Out of curiosity did the THG3000 break SMB provided by it's own USB ports or those on other devices on the network!