Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Terrible customer service and broadband

Dimarkey8686
3: Seeker

I’ve been with Vodafone broadband for 11 days. Had a full 2 days without any internet 3 days after connection. Then yesterday (day 10) internet was constantly dropping out.

I have been told my only option if I’m unhappy is to leave but I’ll be charged fully for the month even though the internet has been shocking. I understand there may be teething problems but the customer service has been awful and I’ve spent 10 hours and 37 mins on the phone trying to get it resolved.

Sounds like not the worst problem but it’s caused so much stress (mainly because of their awful one song repeated, hold music) because life is already stressful.

Anyone have any advice, is it worth going to the ombudsman about this?

5 REPLIES 5

Ripshod
16: Advanced member

Strike while the iron's still hot. You have 14 days from activation to cancel. 

Thank you, I was thinking that would be my only option.

Do you know if their customer service is always this awful or have I just had a bad experience.

Also, will this have to be an expense lesson to learn and I’ll have to pay a full month even without receiving internet the days I have been with them?

belfasti

I have same issue from last 3 days. Getting inconsistent speed and dropping connect.

Technical support just following scripts and suggested to upgrade my connection to resolve the issue. What a joke!

Terrible customer services & technical support. I am now standing no where

Screenshot 2024-07-02 at 12.18.44.png

Cynric

@belfasti So, while we wait for the picture to be moderated, what are the issues? Have you got a log of the performance, if not you could setup a monitor on the ThinkBroardband website which will give you evidence to show VF as well. What error messages are you seeing in the router log? Which VF broadband package are you on? Are any particular devices having problems and how are they connected to the router? Do you know which VF gateway you are connecting to?

ianon

There is usually a 14 day cooling off period, during which you can leave without penalty. I would suggest putting in writing to VF the date and time you asked to leave, copy of chat logs if you have them, etc.

VF seem to be very difficult to deal with. Worst I have experienced across several different broadband providers over the years.