Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Ultra hub and booster pairing + missing stuff on vodafone broadband app

JPag14
4: Newbie

Hi I am fortunate enough that my friend who is with vodafone had an ultra hub and wasn't using it along with a super wifi plus booster and had given it to me. 

I was a little skeptical as I am on a normal standard plan (non pro) but I've set the hub this morning and all is well but I cannot get the booster to work at all. Not sure if its compatibility issues as the booster is not the 6E booster that comes originally with the ultra hub or if boosters are tied with contract type. I see the super wifi tile and follow the instructions although the lights it is referring to are different on this booster (I only see amber and green lights). As I understand, since I have the super wifi plus (alexa), I'm suppose to see a tile for super wifi + ?

Also, how do I get the sync speeds tile to show up again as that has totally disappeared from the app menu

20 REPLIES 20

JPag14
4: Newbie

Would also like to mention now when I go to my router settings via web, under the Wi-Fi tab some settings aren't configurable such as frequency as 'Super Wi-fi is running your wifi settings. Please use the super wifi tile in your home broadband app to manage your settings' (also noting split wifi has also disappeared but I guess wi-fi compatibility mode is the alternative but still unable to change what frequency or protection mode i'd like on the 2 wifi bands)

CrimsonLiar
16: Advanced member

The problem you are going to have is that it is a closed environment one of the goals of which to make tech support "manageable".  So if you can get this to work, then we'll probably be relying on you to report back.  If at some point you plug the THG3000 back in, and the sync tile reappears reporting that back may give us all a clue as to how the hardware and the app are intertwined.

For now, good luck, and keep us all informed!

I'll plug our THG3000 and test that in the week and report back here then. I just thought from reading other threads, if we ever have any issues with internet and sync speeds are below guaranteed speeds, the only way to get that compensation pop up message was to check up on sync speed here and there till it pops up. And if that tile is gone.. well..

Jayach

You really are in uncharted territory. (Here be Dragons)

As I understand it (and I could be wrong, but I don't believe I am) the routers will get a configuration depending on what the account they are registered to is.

As your friend will have be on Pro II, the Ultra router will be configured as such, hence the need to use the app to configure the Wi-Fi.

Are you saying you have the original booster, and not the one that comes with the Ultra router?

If you connect a phone to the router, you should find it has their number, and not yours..

@Jayach 

Yes the super wifi plus booster, I suppose he had that laying around and is currently using the 6E booster hence gave it to me to use. As for the router and number, I did not know the home telephone number and router is tied together but I just  tried to call our home phone number and our home phone did actually ring. Or are you referring to a different number?

Jayach

Are you on FTTP or FTTC? And is your home phone still connected to the BT/Openreach telephone extensions?

@Jayach 

FTTC I think? Our highest speed is 67mb in my building, cant go any higher. And I switched from virgin media to vodafone 2 months ago along with our home phone number. However, on the btbroadband checker the search by telephone number does not work for me, I have to do it by postcode. It gives me a 'There is no data available for this number ....... ' error

Jayach

So where is your home phone connected, into the router or the phone socket?

I wouldn't worry about the speed compensation, unless you start to suffer slow speeds. It's very unlikely to happen.

The home phone is connected to the router