Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unable to connect devices

Jperrott82
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

So I have two older laptops. When searching for the WiFi they won't find the sad on the list. Everything else connects absolutely fine. Having run a WiFi analyser I have come to the conclusion that the band's the router automatically uses are too high and the laptops are unable to find them. Having spent the best part of an hour on live chat being asked to turn on and off my router to change the band's I gave up. Utterly useless help. 

Can anyone advise me on a way around this without someone saying buy a new laptop or router? Or is there anything Vodafone can do to manually change them for me? 

5 REPLIES 5

Jayach
16: Advanced member

Are the laptops 2.4Ghz only. Are you on Pro? What are the channels being used? Are the laptops Windows 10?

Laptop are 2.4 GHz only and router is using 11-13. They are on windows 10. Not on pro just the regular broadband with a 40 meg connection

Jayach

If the laptops are 2.4 only, and are not correctly configured they may not be able to "see" channels 12 & 13.

What do you mean by using 11-13, as the router should only be using one channel.

You can see the channel being used under Status & Support in the router settings.

Jayach_0-1652398330915.png

Check the laptops to make sure they are configured for the U.K. and if they still don't see those channels, try getting an updated Wi-Fi driver from the manufactures website.

Jayach_1-1652399638533.png

Sorry meant to say it's using 12 or 13. Laptop is set for UK. Unfortunately last driver update for the laptop was back in 2015 already checked this. I'm kind of out of ideas. 

Jayach

If you connect the laptop via Ethernet (so it can get a new driver), and uninstall the WiFi adapter from device manager (including removing the drivers on disk. if it asks), then let it find a new one that may get it working properly.

Screenshot 2022-05-14 151025.png