cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Used for a week and cancelled = many problems.

Ash79
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I used Vodafone broadband for a week in October 2022 and cancelled it, because the wifi wasn't good enough. I was told I wouldn't be charged as I was within my activation cancellation period (or whatever its called).

Vodafone didn't automatically send out a prepaid box to send the router back - you have to go through all the hoops yourself to get that ordered. (After talking to someone when cancelling it, I was told one would be sent to me) I had to call up another couple of times to get one ordered and to make sure I wouldn't be billed, because I kept receiving text messages saying I would be.

Each month I've had to call up as I was getting billed for a service that was cancelled. In January 2023, I wasted an hour of my day speaking to different people to make sure that I wouldn't be billed again, the charges refunded and that I would never have to contact Vodafone again about this matter. The agent on the call checked twice and said that's it all sorted this time and that the direct debit has been cancelled.

This morning (2/2/23) I received a text message from my credit rating app to tell me I've missed a payment, which I've never done in my life. It showed as Vodafone - the contract that I had cancelled 4 months ago. They're still trying to charge me for a cancelled service and giving me more stress every time their name shows up.

I was naturally fuming this morning because of this, as I'm in the middle of applying for a loan, which this will absolutely screw up, because of the big drop of points.

I want everyone to see this, to see the sort of company you might be considering to use, because they're cheap.

Speaking to agents over the phone has gotten me no where over the last few months, so there's no point contacting them again. It needs to be moved up the ladder or over to the ombudsman next. It's been such a huge mistake trying to save some money in these times and use Vodafone.

5 REPLIES 5

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Ash79 - I'm disappointed to hear what's happened with your credit report, after you've spent so much time trying to get this resolved. I understand why you don't feel like contacting us again, although I'd like my team to go through an investigation on your account. We can then work with our Credit File Support team and correct anything that's not right. 

Please get in touch with us through Social Media. If you include a link to this post, it will save you having to explain it all again. 

Hi Gemma,

Thanks for replying, but why do I need to contact you on social media when you've replied in the Vodafone forums?

Ripshod
16: Advanced member

Certain things related to accounts can't be discussed on a public forum. 

As they'll need personal data that shouldn't be shared on a public forum but quite why Vodafone won't provide a webform instead is a bit of a mystery.

I don't do social media either.

I'd just go straight for the complaint form in that case unless a member of the forum teram can provide an alternative contact.

https://complaints.vodafone.co.uk/resource?id=11306244&db=vodafone

Jayach

Sounds like Hotel California: “You can check-out any time you like, but you can never leave!" 

But, seriously, you cancelled a broadband contract because "the Wi-Fi wasn't good enough". Did you not think about doing something about it?