cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Broadband app shows every device ever connect.

James-waller
4: Newbie

I have just ugraded to Super wifi. In doing so I deleted the Broadband app and reistalled it as advise.  However, for some reason, it still pulled through every devise I had ever connecte to my old router. How do I delete these old devises? I don;t want to block them as some are now reconnected but under a different name (I renamed evey devise when reconnecting so I could identify them).

I have read that I need to clear the cache, but when I go inot the setting on my iPhone, it only gives me the option to offload app or delete app rather than clear cache.

Is there a way to delete these 'offline' renamed devices?

9 REPLIES 9

Jayach
16: Advanced member

The app is getting that info from the router, so log in to the router and delete them from there.

Unfortunately I'm no longer using the Vodafone router so can't tell you exactly how to do that.

Edit: I just realised you said you are using a different router so that can't be true. Don't know where it can be getting it from then. I would still check the router to see if they are logged there.

HappyNomad
15: Advanced member
15: Advanced member

@James-waller wrote:

I have just ugraded to Super wifi. In doing so I deleted the Broadband app and reistalled it as advise.  However, for some reason, it still pulled through every devise I had ever connecte to my old router. How do I delete these old devises? I don;t want to block them as some are now reconnected but under a different name (I renamed evey devise when reconnecting so I could identify them).

I have read that I need to clear the cache, but when I go inot the setting on my iPhone, it only gives me the option to offload app or delete app rather than clear cache.

Is there a way to delete these 'offline' renamed devices?

Clearing the cache on your iPhone is a little different to offloading app data or deleting apps.

• Go into settings, scroll down to the fifth group, find and tap on Safari 
  • Scroll down and tap 'Clear History and Website Data'
  • Confirm the action - job done.

As it takes all stored cookies with it you will find that  'remembered' data for websites needs to be re-entered so make sure you know (or have stored in your phone’s  ‘passwords’ file) any website log-in details you need.

A long time since I used the VF App but I half thought the device data was held in the router rather than the app.  No doubt somebody more current on router/app interaction will be along soon though.  

Thanks for your reply. I have swapped the router for a new one but the app still pulled thorugh old devices that were connected to the old router even for the new one? I am pretty sure it is not the app thats the issue as you say. I can see a way to remove old devices?

Evie
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey there @James-waller - Have you tried to remove/forget the device within the Router Web Interface? To get to the Web Interface just head to 192.168.1.1 into the address bar and use the login details from the white sticker on the back of your router 👍

Hi, I also have this problem. I tried the suggested fix, but only the connected devices show on the web interface so there is no way I can see to remove other devices.

I now have over 60 devices showing in the offline section on the app, but its mostly only one (my phone uses a new hardware address every time its restarted and there's no way to turn this off). Its becoming quite annoying now, but when I contacted chat support they could not fix it, after near 45 minutes of trying various things. 

Please can you suggest any other way to fix or who to contact for help (other than chat support)?

Jayach

@Katmur wrote:

I now have over 60 devices showing in the offline section on the app, but its mostly only one (my phone uses a new hardware address every time its restarted and there's no way to turn this off). 

Is it an Android phone? If so try this:

To Disable MAC Randomization on Android Devices:
  1. Open the Settings.
  2. Tap Network & Internet -> Wi-Fi.
  3. Tap the gear icon associated with your network.
  4. Tap MAC address type.
  5. Tap Phone MAC.
  6. Re-join the network.

Thanks for the suggestion, but that does not work on my phone. Also, I would still want to remove all the devices showing as previously connected which is really what I'm trying to solve 

Jayach

If you say what phone you have, there is probably a way to turn off the MAC randomisation.

I tried clearing cache and data from the app, and factory reset the router, but it still remembered the offline devices.

Goodness knows where it is being retained????

Cynric

Are the connections allowed to live forever? There should be a setting that sets the connection TTL. I default mine to 24hrs, you requirements may differ.