Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Broadband options

collinsc
4: Newbie

Hi

I am trying to investigate Vodafone broadband options as I am having frequent connection issues with my current provider Sky.  Two days in a row i've tried to use the 'Chat' feature to speak to someone but it just says "Loading, please wait..." and i've tried different browsers and get the same. So, i'm posting here for advice.

I'm currently on Sky Essential Broadband. I've just done a speed check and download was 10.7, upload 0.9.  In the week download was between 5 and 6.

I'm now working from home so devices i have are: work laptop (and sometimes VM) connected, and SkyGo, and 2 laptops, 2 mobiles and Alexa.  

On many ocassions we have had to disconnect all other devices so i can use my work laptop more efficiently.

I've seen 'GigaCube' advertised and I wondered if this might be suitable for me?

To complicate things, i live in a block of flats (we are two blocks of 6 flats) and i when i moved in (a decade ago) Virgin had said they wouldn't supply fibre because it was too expensive.

So i don't think fibre is an option, and, i'm on the fastest option with Sky that i can get (I get the message when i try to upgrade: "Sky Broadband Ultrafast is being rolled out across the UK. Register now to find out when it's available in your area.")

Any advice appreciated (including how to get 'Chat' working!)

12 REPLIES 12

Jayach
16: Advanced member

Try the MSE broadband comparison site: https://broadband.moneysavingexpert.com/

Only look at the 35Mb+ results as the 10Mb+ will include ADSL.

Jayach

Also if you log in to the Sky site here: https://www.sky.com/myaccount/my-details you should find you telephone number at the bottom of the page.

Jayach

Vodafone use Openreach lines, same as Sky, but Vodafone don't do ADSL anymore so maybe your area cant get FTTC (VDSL). seems unlikely but it may be the reason your BT checker results only showed ADSL.

For info:

ADSL is copper wires all the way from the exchange to the premises. VDSL is fibre from the exchange to your local cabinet and copper then on.(hence it's other name, FTTC-fibre to the cabinet)

I'm wondering if you have what is known as an exchange only line, there is no cabinet so nowhere to run fibre to.