Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Pro broadband can't split 2.4/5ghz

Ses6jwg
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hello I recently 'upgraded' to pro broadband.

I need to split the 2.4 and 5ghz temporarily to connect a smart socket.

In the router settings it says because I have super WiFi I do this in the app.

There is no option in the app to do this that I can see.

Can anyone help me please

Screenshot_20211129-182848.png

14 REPLIES 14

Jayach
16: Advanced member

Most 2.4Ghz only smart devices, need the app just to set them up. After that the app isn't used unless some change is needed to the configuration.

If, as it sounds, your lights need to accessed by the app frequently (turning them off/on presumably) I'm not sure how you can get around that.

CrimsonLiar

You have to set up the hotspot to mimic the settings of the main router WiFi preferably with the main router turned off.  This works better with a mobile, as the mobile should still have internet access!

Hi Jayach, could I ask you for some advice about this hotspot solution? I tried to connect my lights through the hotspot on my laptop, but when I turn the laptop hotspot off, the lights get disconnected as well. I managed to do that with my old router, but on this new one, I can't change the frequency. 

Thank you

Hi, could I ask you for some advice about this hotspot solution? I tried to connect my lights through the hotspot on my laptop, but when I turn the laptop hotspot off, the lights get disconnected as well. I managed to do that with my old router, but on this new one, I can't change the frequency. 

Many thanks..

Pisicuta
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I had exactly the same problem, I'm on page 1 of this link, and in the end I bought a tp-link extender that had both 2.4 and 5 Ghz. I set up another WiFi connection on my app to connect just to the 2,4 Ghz on the tp-link and then set up all my smart home devices from there. The extender I bought  (TP-Link AC750) is currently £20 reduced from £25 on Amazon and works throughout my two storey, 2 bedroom house and attached garage, plugged in at the bottom of the stairs. If you have a bigger house, I have also installed a TP-Link AV600 powerline extender (currently less that £40 on Amazon) in a 3 storey house and that works well too.