Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Router doesn't work after disconnecting power

nrbrook
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I have Vodafone Pro Broadband with the Vodafone Router (Hardware model VCNT-I). If I disconnect power from the router and turn it back on, WiFi no longer works – attempting to connect with an iPhone says "Incorrect password" or "unable to connect", even though the password hasn't changed. Re-setting the password doesn't fix it (although I have to do this with the web interface because I can't connect with the App via WiFi) I have to reset the router using the reset button every time the router has lost power, and reconfigure it with the App. If I reconfigure with the web interface it doesn't work either. But after reconfiguring with the App it works fine, until it loses power again. 

It seems likely that a firmware update has caused this behaviour. I only change the WiFi name and password in the App.

6 REPLIES 6

Jayach
16: Advanced member

That seem very strange, not least because you cure it by using the app, but the app uses Wi-Fi to connect to the router.

You say you are resetting the router, but are you doing a factory reset? Log in to the router and go to Settings - Configuration and try a Factory Settings reset from there.

I reset by holding the button on the back for 10 seconds/until all the lights go out. All settings are then reset to default. I can only resolve it with the App when it has been reset to default, as I can then connect to the default WiFi and change the details.

Jayach

I know it makes no sense, but I prefer to factory reset via the router interface.

After resetting log back into the router (obviously the router password will have reverted to default) and then try to configure the Wi-Fi name and password. Don't forget you need to confirm any changes you make with the Apply button at the bottom of the page.

I like to keep a text file on my laptop with the default Wi-Fi and router passwords so that I can copy and past them as they are so complicated.

If it still doesn't work I can only surmise that the router is faulty, but good luck getting another from Vodafone.

Out of interest what is your current firmware level. I believe 19.4.0551-3269082 is the latest. 

I guess both resets should be the same...if it isn't that's a bug in itself! I didn't see anywhere to reset in the interface anyway so thanks for the steps. I see I can also save and load config in there so that might help for next time.

My current version is 19.4.0551-3261103. I'll try checking for update...

Screenshot 2022-01-06 at 16.37.44.png

Firmware upgrade failed

Unfortunately the Firmware upgrade has failed. Please try again at a future date.

🤦‍

Jayach

No the firmware update option never works. The only time I see an update is just after reconnecting so possibly it only checks for one whilst booting up, but apparently Vodafone can force one if needed. If it does get one you notice because it goes through the bootup sequence twice.

I wonder if there are slightly different hardware configurations of the THG3000 as I have two routers and they are never on the same level of firmware.