Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone broadband supply

Olav19
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Currently have fibre broadband provided by BT (FFTP) and want to change to Vodafone broadband. When I do uswitch it gives me the option of Vodafone but when I have been redirected to Vodafone site and fill in postcode I am told Vodafone can’t supply fibre broadband to my premises. Why? I am able to switch to Sky fibre.

17 REPLIES 17

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

That's strange @Olav19 this service should be open to all providers. Pop our Social team a private message with your postcode and we'll take a look into this for you. I'm sure it's just an error on our service checker and we can get this looked into for you.

Hi Mark

Thanks for the answer I am pressing the link but haven’t got Twitter nor Facebook and when I press chat I get the bot. Any other way of contacting the right team. Have had numerous chats with advisers and they all tell me different things. All my neighbours can get the fastest fibre broadband from Vodafone but with my address it tells me I can only get 4G broadband. I have contacted Openreach and they told me on their systems I can be supplied with any provider and suggested me to ask Vodafone to contact them to sort it out but when I ask a Vodafone advisor they tell me they don’t contact Openreach. Really frustrating.

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for getting back to us @Olav19 

Each local cabinet / green box has a certain amount of ports in it and each provider has access to a percentage of these ports. For example, there may be 16 ports but Vodafone only have the permission to use 4 - this means that whilst yes we do provide a service to the area, until one of these ports become available we'd be unable to connect you. 

This is only on explanation of what could be happening - without checking, I can't say for sure. If you're unable to contact us over Social Media as Mark suggested, you can also call us on 08080 408 408. 

Hi Amanda

It makes no sense to me as BT is already provinding fibre broadband 150Mb/s and I can upgrade to 900Mb/s with them or Sky. They can't have a monopoly over my FFTP line, as a customer I should be able to switch to any willing provider. Maybe I am wrong? I will contact the team via the supplied phone number.

Thanks

Olav

Hi Amanda

Just an update spoken to a salesperson who couldn't understand the fact I am not able to get fast fibre from vodafone, whereas number 6 can?? He spoke to a technical team and the told him I have to register for fibre, he was not impressed with this answer as I already have FTTP, he checked on the server and my line came up as a gold line but when he wanted to register, he was toldit was not available. He was brilliant and helpful but he was not able to sort it. Any ideas? Can I send a personal message with my address details?

Thanks

Olav

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for getting back to me @Olav19 and keeping us updated. I'm sorry the agent wasn't able to answer you. 

You can get in touch with us over Social Media - as we're not able to respond via private message over the Community 🙂

Hi Amanda

send a message via Twitter but no response received maybe you can have a look?

olav

MarkD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Olav19, sorry for any confusion, we've attached the link to your original Community query in the Twitter conversation. If you can reply to the most DM on Twitter, this will get picked up by one of the broadband team 🙂

Hi Mark 

not sure what I did with tweet as I have not used this platform. I will it with Vodafone as I am not getting anywhere. Will have to renew with BT off change to Sky.

Olav