cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone email article, you are having a laugh...........

VFbroadbanduser
10: Established
10: Established

So last week I received an email from Vodafone titled '5 tips to boost your Wi-fi signal and more'. And one of the links within the email took you to this Vodafone article that they recently updated:-

https://newscentre.vodafone.co.uk/smart-living/how-to/shift-your-moggy-and-five-other-ways-to-boost-...

And guess what? Most of the article is based on what you could do to change the wifi settings before Vodafone removed all the options from within their routers and on the Vodafone Broadband app.

Everything the article is saying is correct to help solve wifi issues and get the best performance out of their routers. It even talks about buying mesh networking. Is that because they took all the options away from their kit?

So on one hand they are saying one thing, but still doing another, I say bring back all the options they removed as it is just pure stupidity they removed them in the first place, talk about 'shooting themselves in the foot'. 😂

The way to get around the removed settings is by using a very old version of the Vodafone Broadband app.

2 REPLIES 2

CrimsonLiar
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

The problem is that you do get people doing really weird things and not realising that it will affect their WiFi!

The classic is having the router in the front hallway, on the floor, next to the front door of a house with solid internal walls.  Next up are probably the group of people who phone up because the router has stopped working, not realising that cats, dogs, pet rats, ferrets, pet mice etc have chewed through the cable from the power adapter!

That is not what I am on about.

The point I am making is that Vodafone totally contradicts itself in the article on theiir website which came from a recent email. Because they removed all the features that they are talking about.