Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

WPS won't connect to printer

1234qwerty5678
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Just moved to Vodafone.  Printer worked fantastically well on previous supplier.  Now can't connect it.  The WPS starts its 120 seconds but finishes early saying "no connections found".  It just won't connect.

Can't use the printer.

Disaster as I run a small business and need it.  Helpfully Vodafone have gone home.

Any ideas beyond chucking it out the window and goign back to my old supplier?

6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

So you've gone into the printer menus and set it to look for a WPS authentication, and then either pressed the WiFi (WPS) button on the router firmly for a short time (hold for 7 seconds and it turns the WiFi off instead), or started the WPS sequence from the routers Web admin page?

- just checking....

I went into the web admin.  Although I also did the WPS (one press quickly).  I've tried 30 times!

I've done it properly - unless there is some random quirk which is not the same on any other router or wifi service?

Anonymous
Not applicable

The Vodafone router has plenty of quirks, unfortunately, WPS is not usually one of them!

Only real suggestion is to enter the connection details into the printer manually, which I know is a chore, but it's still probably the quickest fix!

Out of curiosity what are the brand and model of the printer?

It's an Epsom. 

That's almost as complicated as the solution.  I may just buy a printer wire!!!

Thanks for your help.

Press the WPS button momentarily (one tap), a short press turns on WPS pairing, a long press turns off the router WiFi! That connected my Canon printer using WPS.

I have a Canon printer. We recently changed from Sky to Vodafone so have a new router. The printer will not connect. I was told to press WPS 8 times after getting the printer in connection mode (holding the wifi button until i see 1 flash) & was told the on yellow button & wifi button will flash together when connecting, then go solid once connected. Only the blue wifi light flashes, the on yellow is solid, no matter how long i wait. I also pressed the WPS once as you suggest but nothing is happening.