main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Other broadband queries

What's the difference between Superfast 1 and Superfast 2?

petezx9
2: Seeker

If I use the Broadband plans availability checker. I get given the option of 2 plans...Superfast 1 and Superfast 2 at £1pcm more. However, on those 2 options the quoted availabale speeds are exactly the same.

32.2 mbps download speed guarantee with a download speed range of 35.7 - 37.5.

All the same for Superfast 1 and Superfast 2.

Sso what's the difference in the plan?Different or the sameDifferent or the same

View more options
4 REPLIES 4
HappyNomad
14: Advanced member
View more options
Jayach
16: Advanced member

They still haven't moderated your picture yet, but it may be that due to the distance you are from your cabinet you can't get more from Superfast 2 than you can from Superfast 1.

What does Openreach think your line is capable of:: BT Broadband (btwholesale.com)

Were you previously with another supplier at this address, and what did you get with then?

View more options
petezx9
2: Seeker

I was with Plusnet getting about 38-40 sync'd on their standard VDSL. The BT BB availability checker says VDSL Range A high rate of 47.7 and Range B high of 46.2.

The reason I asked the question is that I have actually just switched to VF's Superfast 2 on Wednesday and the VF router says I am sync'd at 40 so I am not getting anything like what I thought and am getting what I thought I'd get if I had chosen Superfast 1 but I went for SF2 as it was only a £1 pcm more for the extra speed.

So if what I paid for is not actually possible then clearly something somewhere is wrong.

View more options
Jayach
16: Advanced member

Unfortunately you can only get what your line is capable of. No one can give you more. The modem chipset and a couple of other things can make a difference, but at the end of the day you are limited by physical constraints of the technology. I find it amazing that we can transmit digital data at the rates we do over lines that were designed to carry analogue voice..

View more options