Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

WiFi hub in modem mode.

thevines
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi, just signed up with Vodafone for 500mb broadband and landline. I'm currently with Virgin with the hub setup in modem mode feeding my TP-Link router network. The landline is plugged into the hub. Everything works well. 

Can I achieve the same with the Vodafone hub?

Thanks!

9 REPLIES 9

Jayach
16: Advanced member

No, the Vodafone router (THG3000) doesn't have a modem mode. I don't know for certain about the new Ultra hub, but you won't get one of those, unless you have signed up to Pro II.

Edit: As you will be on FTTP you can use your TP-Link connected directly to the ONT, you will need your PPPoE credentials from Vodafone, use live chat https://www.vodafone.co.uk/bbservcd/.

You will, however, lose easy access to the phone service. 

I've put my third party in the ont and signed into third party with CORRECT pppoe credentials but router says no ip 

doing my head in now about to tell vodafone to stick in in my cooling off period 

CrimsonLiar

So you need to make sure the username ends in @Broadband.vodafone.co.uk and that you've been given the correct credentials that you can copy and paste - it's not uncommon if they read out to you that there are errors!  You'll also need to use VLAN ID: 911 if your connection is via CityFibre.

Yeah ubiquiti fixed it had to clone mac 

many thanks for your advice

Jayach

@KENNYBOY86 wrote:

Yeah ubiquiti fixed it had to clone mac 

That is strange, it's not usually necessary with Vodafone.

tried everything soon as they said clone mac worked

Jayach

If that is what worked for you, then good, it's just not something that I've ever heard requiring to be done.

I'm tempted to ask you to set the MAC back to it's original value, and see if it still works, but I'm sure you wouldn't want to do that. 🤔 

did it comes up no ip 

Jayach

Thanks for trying, it is most strange, but as long as it works for you by cloning the MAC that's all that really matters.