Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Wifi Guarantee what happens?

zxcvbnm3
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hello, elderly neighbor signed up for basic fibre to the premises £26. Gets around 10mbps (long rural line). Complained to Vodafone that the wifi did not really get out of the room. They upsold her a more expensive package with three boosters and a guarantee they would cover the house. £39 a month.

I have now set up the three boosters for her. There is not a hope they will cover the house, maybe about half. Big house with thick solid granite walls. 

So what happens if she tries to claim on WIFI guarantee? Does she just get downgraded in price back to basic package. Does she have to return all the boosters? Does she have to leave vodafone to claim and find another isp?

Thanks

(If anyone is curious I tried powerline adaptors, wiring is too old and too many ring main fuse boxes to work reliably. Probably answer is cheapo tenda mesh boxes which seem to have a greater range than the vodafone ones and can have at least 6 in a mesh network which might start to cover most of the house. They may not be the fastest after lots of chained hops but with 10mbps internet they don't have to be).

1 REPLY 1

Janey

Hi @zxcvbnm3 Thanks for getting in touch. If your neighbour isn't able to connect properly after the extra boosters then she can leave free of charge but would have to return the boosters. I recommend that she speaks with our WiFi Xperts, they'll confirm if this simply means downgrading or she has move a new provider. They can be reached here or by calling 0333 304 0191.