Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Wifi: New Ultra 6e hub & iPhone 13 Wifi 6

aidej
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi,

I have the new 6e Ultra Hub on the 900mb package via CityFibre and I currently only have one Wifi 6 device: my iPhone 13.

I’ve noticed my iPhone is  connecting every time using the 5ghz protocol and was hoping it would connect to the 6ghz Wifi 6 protocol. I’ve rebooted the router and reset it to factory condition, but it always connects at 5Ghz. Am I doing something wrong, any advice would be welcomed. 

IMG_9381.png

7 REPLIES 7

Jayach
16: Advanced member

Cynric

@aidej  Please do not post the same query twice. You have got an answer here https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Internet-speed/Wifi-New-Ultra-6e-hub-amp-iPhone-13-Wifi-6/m-p/273072... 

Hi,

I have the new 6e Ultra Hub on the 900mb package via CityFibre and I currently only have one Wifi 6 device: my iPhone 13.

I’ve noticed my iPhone is  connecting every time using the 5Ghz protocol and was hoping it would connect to the 6Ghz Wifi 6 protocol. I’ve rebooted the router and reset it to factory condition, but it always connects at 5Ghz. Am I doing something wrong, any advice would be welcomed. 

IMG_9381.png

Jayach

I don't think the iPhone is 6E compatible.

Use Wi-Fi 6E networks with Apple devices - Apple Support

Cynric

UPDATE: The moderator has kindly merged the threads. I didn't know that this could be done. 

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Apologies, I was called away before I could update the thread advising I'd merged them to avoid any confusion. 

Yes @Cynric, being able to merge identical threads is one of my many skills 😊

Thank you both for your responses and merging the threads. I posted my question in the wrong forum initially and reposted in the “internet speed” forum as I thought that was more appropriate to my query.  I then went back to delete my original post only to find the delete option wasn’t there, otherwise I would have deleted it.