Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Windows mail

Martav81
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I've just switched to Vodafone Broadband and I'm trying to reset my email account on Windows Mail.

I receive mails without any problems of course, but I can't send any.

I'm trying to set the outgoing mails, but nothing seems working! Any help please? Thanks

22 REPLIES 22

Jayach
16: Advanced member

So who's SMTP server have you been using up till now?

What portal (web address) do you use to log in on the web?

I used to have smtp with sky, until it worked. Then nothing, I wasn't able to send any emails from windows live mail. 

Reading around, it seems that from abroad Tiscali.it's emails can be accessed only through web, which is not true since I've got no issues with receiving them. Also, I've found some people complaining about not been able to send mails from abroad with outlook or thunderbird too since 2010. Now, as i said, I've never had any issues until 2020, when sky considered Windows live mail old fashioned. At the time, I remember trying to install other apps, but no free ones were supported by sky (like thunderbird, em client, I've tried but nothing).

I was hoping to have my fully functioning emails back with Vodafone, I'd use a different app if working, everything rather than flipping webpage of tiscali!

Jayach

@Martav81 wrote:

Now, as i said, I've never had any issues until 2020, when sky considered Windows live mail old fashioned. At the time, I remember trying to install other apps, but no free ones were supported by sky (like thunderbird, em client, I've tried but nothing).

That is completely wrong, Sky never stopped you being able to use any apps/clients, but they changed their authentication requirements to OAuth, so they said only OAuth capable apps were supported.

However, you were/are still able to use any other apps/client with a generated password.

Do you have an active Sky email address? if so you can still use their SMTP server.

Also both Thunderbird and eM Client are (now) OAuth capable so work fine with Sky, without the generated password.

Jayach

I've just noticed you said Windows Live mail, earlier you said Windows Mail, so I assumed you meant Windows 10/11 Mail. If you say what your preferred client is, and you have a working Sky email address, it will be possible to use it with either (or both) Sky and Tiscali addresses.

How do you log in to Tiscali on the web?

My huge mistake, I use Windows LIVE mail, not windows mail.

Tried also Thunderbird but unsuccessfully.

Sky address is still working, but smtp on either Windows live mail or Thunderbird not working, for both i receive emails but unable to send them.

I have also tried using gmail settings, same, not working.

www.tiscali.it is the website

Jayach

O.K. If your Sky email address is working, you can use their SMTP server. I'll take it one step at a time.

First thing you need to do is register and verify your Tiscali address with the server.

So log in to your Sky email account: https://skyid.sky.com/signin/email go to Settings - More Settings - Mailboxes and select your Sky mailbox.

You then need to add your Tiscali address as a "Send Only" address.

Opera Snapshot_2022-07-06_160328_mail.yahoo.com.png

Once that is done I'll explain how to use the SMTP server, but to give you a hint, so you can try to work it out yourself, it involves using a generated password: https://www.sky.com/sky-yahoo-mail/manage-apps

More info from Sky: Problems accessing your Sky.com email from your email app | Sky Help | Sky.com

Did you try with @VFbroadbanduser Tiscali settings? TISCALI.IT email server settings - POP and SMTP - ServerSettings.Email

🍾🍾🍾🍾🍾🍾🍾🍾🍾🍾🍾🍾🍾🍾🍾🍾🍾🍾🍾🍾

IT WORKS!!!!!!

Ok, just in case you're interested...

Went on Sky Mail, send-only email address. My tiscali address was already there but not verified, took me a while to get an email to validate it but ok at the end.

Tried again on windows live mail, tried all possible combination again, sky username (that is a gmail address), sky username (sky address), password, new generated password, changed port, changed room (maybe working better in the kitchen)...

at the end, I think I used the sky username (which is not the one that i use to log in, which is a gmail one, but the xxx@sky.com that i've accidently found on sky mail page) and the new generated password.

🤣🤣🤣

I hope sky will never cancel my account with them!

Jayach, thank you sooooo much! you were precious like the bottle of Prosecco that I'm going to open in your honour! 

Jayach

@Martav81 wrote:

at the end, I think I used the sky username (which is not the one that i use to log in, which is a gmail one, but the xxx@sky.com that i've accidently found on sky mail page) and the new generated password. 

Yes, you can use your Gmail address as your Sky ID, but it has to be the sky email address to authenticate to the server. (which is really a Yahoo one, so it only knows about the Sky email address)

But well done. shame you didn't ask on the Sky email forum a couple of years ago, as I'm on there too.

.Email Help & Security | Sky Community

I'm pretty sure I tried with the sky address too, but surely I haven't check the "send only" part on sky mail settings, so well done to you!!! 😁 

@VFbroadbanduser wrote:

Bouncing means automatically forwarding all emails to another email account.

Actually bounce means to return to sender. What you refer to is forwarding, and it will still require access to an SMTP server.

@Martav81 Are you able to access your emails via a browser?