Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Xbox One and 360 will not connect to internet when wired into router

BryanC83
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have recently switched to Vodafone and both the Xbox One and Xbox 360 will not connect to the internet when wired into the vodafone router.

i have taken out all the network cables and only plugged in the Xbox One and tried all lan ports 1-4. The Xbox will pick up its wired in then change to not connected, pics attached.

The Xbox one however will connect via wifi.

I didnt' have this issue using my previous providers router so i am guessing its a router problem. Anyone had this issue or know a fix?

Cheers

1D500122-785F-47CE-8263-95FEFAD07C41.jpeg

4EA95648-89A8-45D5-9707-2AF3FC09FBAF.jpeg

11 REPLIES 11

Dabbs
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey @BryanC83. Sorry to hear you're having some issues connecting your Xbox to the router, this shouldn't be the case. Have you modified any settings in the router gateway? Can you also try changing your routers DNS settings to 8.8.8.8 which is a public domain and is free to use.  

image.jpg

image.jpg

F463C941-0BE2-43F5-B4FE-28BD0AE4BE76.png

I did not change any settings on the router. I have now changed dns to 8888 and secondary to 8844 and same thing happens on xbox, its says connected via wired then few seconds later not connected

Anonymous
Not applicable

Daft question, but if you log into the router and look at the list of connected devices can you see the games consoles?  If not, do you have another ethernet cable you could try!

The xbox one and 360

are, on my laptop the 192 page shows xbox one and unknown (prob 360) are connected. The vodafone app shows both xbox’s are connected

Adam
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@BryanC83 Thanks for that. Have you tried removing both devices from the app and then follow the normal steps to connect them again? If so, did this show anything new or make any difference? 

No idea how you remove a device from the app, cant see how removing a wireless xbox one from the app would work. Destiny 2 is unplayable, appears to be security/firewall on modem problem. This is a joke, nothing but problems switching provider!

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@BryanC83 Does this work for you when disconnecting wireless from your Xbox settings? For the Xbox One there's an option in 'Settings' and 'Network' to disconnect wireless connections. There's also more info on Xbox's site for setting up wired connections.

To remove devices from a wireless connection in our Vodafone Broadband app, please go to 'Connected Devices' from the main page, then Main Wi-Fi to find your connected devices to disconnect them.

No, when i disconnect the wireless the wired connection checks for nat type, connects then disconnects as per my 1st post and photos. The xbox 360 is not wireless and does not connect To the internet either Via wired so that is currently unplayable online

Anonymous
Not applicable

OKay @BryanC83, have you tried restarting the router at all? If this doesn't work I'd recommend dropping us a message over Social Media here so that we can run a few tests for you 😀