Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

apple tv 4k

astronow
3: Seeker

hello, i have been given an apple tv 4k box by vodafone as part of my package. it is the wifi only version (64gb). it will not connect and hangs after what seems an update process. i have vodafone 910 fibre. any answers are much appreciated thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

astronow

hello all, as in title and working without problems thanks.

View solution in original position

7 REPLIES 7

Thomas_H

Hey, are you able to connect to other things with your Wi-Fi? If you are first try and run through some of these troubleshooting steps to see if this helps https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/tv/atvb00f5b993/tvos#:~:text=Press%20and%20hold%20the%20TV,and....

astronow

thanks for the reply, unfortunately it doesnt work and just goes into recovery mode, the wi fi is all good with other things . i am hopefully in the process of getting a replacement via vodafone, my guess is that an ethernet model would not have an issue, thanks again.  ps i think the problem is it cant update via wifi for some reason.

Thanks for letting us know, @astronow. If you still experience any issues after receiving a replacement, I'd suggest either calling up on 03333 040 191 or messaging Broadband Support, so that they can take a deeper look into this for you.

thanks for your reply

hello charlotte, just thought i would mention that if any one comes across this problem again this might help : hello again, i managed to fix the problem by using an old monitor that did not have QMS built in to access  the apple loading screen as my lg c3 had QMS that i could not disable , once activated i switched to the lg with hopefully no more problems, thanks again. as this must be unique to the wifi model.

astronow

hello all, as in title and working without problems thanks.

astronow

hello again, i managed to fix the problem by using an old monitor as the apple screen as my lg c3 had QMS that i could not disable , once activated i switched to the lg with hopefully no more problems, thanks again.