my internet keeps disconnecting

Sunshine12
4: Newbie

solved

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Blair
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

This sort of issue can be caused by a number of things. We'd really need to test your service to see what's actually happening. Just make sure the router is connected to the test socket inside the main BT master socket. Also, make sure you’re not using a telephone extension cable or something similar, as these are rarely well shielded and tend to cause problems.

@Sunshine12 and @Hssutton I've sent you both a private message with details on how to conatct us so we can make a start on testing your service.

Blair

View solution in original position

16 REPLIES 16

Hssutton
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I'm having exactly the same problem

hmm

Blair
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

This sort of issue can be caused by a number of things. We'd really need to test your service to see what's actually happening. Just make sure the router is connected to the test socket inside the main BT master socket. Also, make sure you’re not using a telephone extension cable or something similar, as these are rarely well shielded and tend to cause problems.

@Sunshine12 and @Hssutton I've sent you both a private message with details on how to conatct us so we can make a start on testing your service.

Blair

These are very basic things to look at and are not the reason for my broadband continually failling. I have been using my present setup of a Nighthawk X4S for approx two years with never a problem. This problem is purely a Vodaphone problem and needs resolving. This problem began immediately that Vodafone became my ISP on the 21st March and as dropped the signal several times a day since the aforementioned date.

Anonymous
Not applicable

This one may not actually at Vodafone's door but actually at Openreach!

After the cabinet I'm connected to had an unscheduled meeting with a digger, I had to switch back to the VF router in order for the tests to prove that there was a problem.  After being fixed I kept the VF router in place as long as I could put up with it, but then switched back to using a Draytek Vigor 130.  After more than a month we were still getting regular line resets (mostly at 3am or 4am).  So because of the better monitoring, I swapped to a £5 Huawei HG612 V3B....  And the line resets stopped; put the VF router back and they restart, put the Vigor 130 back and they restart, but as soon as the HG612 V3B is in place they stop.  Coincidentally this is the modem that BT used to supply its customers, so there may be something going on with the cabinets preferring the old BT equipment!

Thanks for the feedback Keith.

Although I'm loath to change the modem as the Netgeat has prooved invaluable for my home network I will today connect the Vodaphone modem and suffer the appalling wi-fi caperbilities.

Harry

I have same problem.

My old vodafone router has higher SNR than new one.

My new Vodafone router disconnect every day around 2:00-3:00 am.

DaneB
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @janviskup, sounds like your channel frequency needs changing. Can you please drop me a message on Facebook or Twitter, so we can look into this with you? 

Mine does well and occured only on switching to vodafone in October from Sky. It happens numerous times a day. I was told the router would only support the recommended 8 devices (who only has 8 devices connected these days). I got it down to 8 but it still dropped out so they sent me a new router. It's still dropping out but I do have all my devices connected again. I've just bought the netgear orbi rbk50 to see if that helps otherwise a complete waste of money (although was told it would be £188 to get out of my contract)