cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

suddenly I have found blocked web access to a specific domain - is this a vodaphone action?

Durfel
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

hi

I have been using a particular online forum since day 1 of switching to vodaphone fibrefor my internet access (many months back) on my PC.

Yesterday however, I find I am no longer able to access this site although I have changed nothing and have checked that my antivirus has not started blocking it. Friends not using vodaphone continue to use it without problems. Other friends - who are on vodaphone cannot access it either; this started for them too yesterday. The message i get is 

ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT

Any suggestions on what vodaphone has changed yesterday and how to overcome this very annoying issue would be extremely welcome!

10 REPLIES 10

Cynric
16: Advanced member

.@Durfel Have you tried this site to see? https://www.blocked.org.uk/

with further investigations i have found that i can access this particular site by using a VPN. Other friends - not using voda - have experienced no problems with their isps for this particular site and their uninterrupted access continues. The problem must therefore be down directly to voda and I am hoping that they resolve it quickly

Jayach

Have you tried changing DNS servers in the router?

i have spoken directly to voda and they advise me that it is a known problem and that they hope to have it resolved in the next 24 hours

Evie
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey there @Durfel, I'm glad to hear you've been able to get some clarity on this! Let us know how it's going after 24 hours 😊

Everything seems to be working as normal again now, although I have not heard anything official back from vodaphone - so, fingers crossed - it's fixed.

well, its back - I can no longer access the domain in question - vpn or not - it worked for a short while - now back to the same problem that I originally reported - so much for a fix within 24 hours!

Jayach

If it's not working via the VPN it's probably not due to Vodafone. What do they say here:

https://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/

it works fine on my phone - (O2) and hundreds of others are able to use the site on other ISPs - when i spoke to Voda, they said that they were aware of the problem and would resolve it within 24 hours............................