main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Announcements
Keeping the UK connected is our main priority. Find out how we're doing thishere.
Close announcement

Pay as you go

90 days, 180 days?

SOLVED
View solved solution
2: Seeker

My final usderstanding is that I can make a PAYG call, turn my phone off for 179 days, turn it back on, and then make a call, and that will keep my sim alive,. Correct?

The reason I ask is that I've been confused by Vodafone salespeople saying that after 90 days of no activity  my number goes into some limbo state and that I need personally get in touch with Vodafone to  reactivate/reconnect it.  One finally said I can do as I described (a call every 179 days) and the sim m will stay good. No personal contact required. But this 90 day thing has made me not so sure. I understand that after 90 days of non-use they will send me a text saying I have 90 days to make a charge, but nowhere on the site does it say I have to contact anyone.

Thanks

View more options
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
17: Community Champion

A person needs to either make a call or send a text or use data or top up in a 180 day period or Vodafone can suspend the account and quarantine the number @rlyoung 

The 90 days is what Vodafone give on top of the initial 180 days to make some activity on the account.

So in essence a person gets 270 days.

Current Phone > Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B.

Samsung One Ui 2.1  / Android 10.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

Samsung Galaxy Buds.

View solution in original position

View more options
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

A person needs to either make a call or send a text or use data or top up in a 180 day period or Vodafone can suspend the account and quarantine the number @rlyoung 

The 90 days is what Vodafone give on top of the initial 180 days to make some activity on the account.

So in essence a person gets 270 days.

Samsung Galaxy Buds.

View solution in original position

View more options
Highlighted

Thanks. I know about the 90 days after 180 days of  non-use.  It's that first 90 days of the 180 days that at least one salesperson led me to believe that had to do something special other than just make a call (or text) to keep the card active.  I've never had to do that before,  and the weight of others' opinions makes me think that salesperson was wrong, or I misunderstood.

View more options
Highlighted

You're very welcome @rlyoung 

All the info is in this link if you would like clarification.

Vodafone.co.uk/terms-and-conditions/# 

Take care.

Samsung Galaxy Buds.

View more options
Highlighted

Thanks, again.

View more options