Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

90 days, 180 days?

rlyoung
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

My final usderstanding is that I can make a PAYG call, turn my phone off for 179 days, turn it back on, and then make a call, and that will keep my sim alive,. Correct?

The reason I ask is that I've been confused by Vodafone salespeople saying that after 90 days of no activity  my number goes into some limbo state and that I need personally get in touch with Vodafone to  reactivate/reconnect it.  One finally said I can do as I described (a call every 179 days) and the sim m will stay good. No personal contact required. But this 90 day thing has made me not so sure. I understand that after 90 days of non-use they will send me a text saying I have 90 days to make a charge, but nowhere on the site does it say I have to contact anyone.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

A person needs to either make a call or send a text or use data or top up in a 180 day period or Vodafone can suspend the account and quarantine the number @rlyoung 

The 90 days is what Vodafone give on top of the initial 180 days to make some activity on the account.

So in essence a person gets 270 days.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

View solution in original position

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers

A person needs to either make a call or send a text or use data or top up in a 180 day period or Vodafone can suspend the account and quarantine the number @rlyoung 

The 90 days is what Vodafone give on top of the initial 180 days to make some activity on the account.

So in essence a person gets 270 days.

Current Phone  >

Thanks. I know about the 90 days after 180 days of  non-use.  It's that first 90 days of the 180 days that at least one salesperson led me to believe that had to do something special other than just make a call (or text) to keep the card active.  I've never had to do that before,  and the weight of others' opinions makes me think that salesperson was wrong, or I misunderstood.

BandOfBrothers

You're very welcome @rlyoung 

All the info is in this link if you would like clarification.

Vodafone.co.uk/terms-and-conditions/# 

Take care.

Current Phone  >

Thanks, again.