Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Activating

KristinaVolk
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Dear Vodafone Team,

I would like to ask for help with activating my sim card. I have got HUAWEI and able to see the 'Emergency calls only' on my phone. I have paid for the service and have been trying to activate it with the following :  *#1345*591664385550#. I have put the  Voucher PIN code from the obtained receipt. However, once I dialled this, I have got a pop up that 'Mobile network is no available'. I am also attaching the billing info below.
Could you please tell me what I have been doing wrong?

I am looking forward to hearing from you,
Yours sincerely,
Kristina
[MOD EDIT: The attachment connected to this post has been edited to remove personal information please see Community Guidelines]
24 REPLIES 24

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Emergency calls only means the SIM has not been activated and will activate when it has credit and connects to the network.  Try dialing 17298 folllowed by the call button, this will activate the SIM.

Have tried and still the same 'mobile network not available', but I will try to do the same inside of another phone

thanks,

Kristina

AnnS

Hi @KristinaVolk 

Try this for me.  Go into your settings, select connections >  mobile networks > network operators > scan networks.  Let the phone complete the scan > select an other network > wait for it to reject the request, follow this with reselecting Vodafone and reboot the phone.

If Vodafone network is available at your location, this will refresh the network and update the SIM. 

photo_2021-06-21_18-15-41.jpg

I can see this and once I choose any vodafone option it fails

@KristinaVolk wrote:

Have tried and still the same 'mobile network not available', but I will try to do the same inside of another phone

thanks,

Kristina

Would you let us know what happens when you do try the sim in another phone @KristinaVolk 

Also you can see what status the phone is via the checkmend link I added.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Of course I will, no worries :Smiling:

I am right now not having any spare phone, but will do tomorrow I hope so

Thanks a lot for your assistance !!!

Can you try your Vodafone sim card in another phone as a process of elimination @KristinaVolk 

Also do speak to the Social Media Team's.  

Your Vodafone Payg sim card is set up to self activate when inserted into a phone that'll accept it.

Topping up is not a requirement of activation.

Current Phone  >

photo_2021-06-21_21-38-08.jpg

photo_2021-06-21_21-37-56.jpg

Here is all the info about my phone

And my phone is from Belarus

Yes, this is my first time trying the UK sim card.

Hope it helps

Cheers,

Kristina

Hi @KristinaVolk 

I would suggest to remove your image showing your imei numbers to protect the phone ( flagged )

I do see two imei numbers so I assume the phone is a dual sim hybrid phone. Maybe try the sim in sim slot 2 or visa versa  !

As the phone isn't a UK one and a model not supplied by Vodafone then Vodafone wouldn't be able to provide any technical support for it.

It sounds to me either it's locked , imei barred or may not support the bands and frequencies Vodafone UK use.

Current Phone  >

Screenshot_20210622_140142.jpg

After sometime I started seeing this message

Cheers

Kristina