Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Adult content block

Sameb81
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi I really need some help please as I'm so confused about this situation? Basically I am not with Vodafone I'm with voxi and I had my adult restrictions lifted ages ago (literally years ago) but the other day I was trying to read a blog and whenever I click to view it I get Vodafone age restriction page? I contacted voxi and as I suspected my age has been verified already and obviously I don't have Vodafone account so I can't provide credit card like they are asking I don't have one anyway? What is confusing me is if voxi are saying I'm not blocked their end why is Vodafone stepping in all of a sudden and blocking me from viewing content? 😞 I was trying to ask the lady in voxi chat but she said I should just do what the age verification page tells me?? But my point is I should not have to verify my age if voxi say I already have? The lady told me even though I'm a voxi customer they are part of Vodafone so I should just contact them and verify my age? I don't own a credit card and have no photo id i can't remember how I was verified before as it was ages ago I'm 39 years old and have not had these issues before so anyway sorry going on and on I'm just frustrated that even though it's clearly not right the voxi people are useless and saying oh it is probably an error message so you should just do what it says isn't helpful at all! So if anybody has any suggestions please let me know? 

7 REPLIES 7

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

I agree if a person has been verified in regards to content control then access shouldn't be happening.

Voxi is owned by Vodafone UK so runs from their network infrastructure.

It's a conundrum as Voxi Customer services are saying no such content control is active.

This seems to need further account access investigation by Voxi Customer services.

I'm on Vodafone Payg and I also prefer not to use Credit cards as a personal preference so I ended going into a Vodafone Highstreet Store to have the restriction removed. I appreciate the stores are closed right now so that's not an option.

I assume you don't have a restriction on your phone such as Vodafone securenet or something similar in the phone's settings etc.

Try the generic troubleshooting tips such as clearing cookies,  cache and history as well as trying another browser @Sameb81 

You could ask the Vodafone Social Media Team's to look at this via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries. And persevere with Voxi.

I wish you all the best with this. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hi thankyou for reply! I have tried clearing cache etc oh and even tried resetting the Internet network settings just incase it helped but made no difference I restarted my phone again no difference and I don't have secure net as I've been looking for a couple of days now and can't find it on my phone I even removed my phone cleaning app and security app just incase something else is causing it but its all been unhelpful very confusing! But I think you are right I will have to get voxi to look into it further because obviously I can't go into a store right now I think that's how I did it last time to be honest? Hopefully I get someone more helpful this time around as she wasn't very knowledgeable basically was saying I must be doing something or reading it wrong as the restriction isn't on in my account it wasn't until after I sent her link to the restriction page I keep getting (as can't send screenshots on voxi chat) she said it must be an error so all I can do is contact Vodafone and do what it says verify my age again but as I already said that doesn't help as its not an explanation or solution in my eyes but I will shut my hole now lol and go get in the queue for voxi chat again yay! 😄 thanks again for replying and advising me! Take care and Stay safe 

BandOfBrothers

You're very welcome for my reply @Sameb81 

Just an idea but as a process of elimination to rule out the phone can you try your sim card in another phone  ?

Fingers crossed With contacting customer services. 

Current Phone  >

OK I will put sim in my old phone see what happens 😊 still trying to figure out how to get another browser open ha I don't appear to have the list of  browsers to choose another default browser from like Google suggests I have chrome and that's that so I'm downloading Firefox just to try it fingers crossed something works! Not like it's an urgent problem its more annoying than important but since I haven't got much else to do right now it's my latest obsession 😄 Thankyou again! 

Well good news I don't know what worked or how it happened but I can now view the blog I was trying to access so it's been fixed or appears to of?

I've been refreshing the page all day and got the same age restriction page come up but I just tried going backwards instead so i started from beginning and clicked to view it again and it's gone through fine so even though it was saying Vodafone are restricting me due to age not being verified it could of possibly been a problem with the actual site I was trying to look at? I don't know how that works like I said  or how it's been muddled up? But alls well that ends well! Hopefully that's the end of that issue! Thankyou again for all your help! 🙂 

BandOfBrothers

Fantastic news @Sameb81 

May of been the act of trying another browser or phone but however it's resolved I'm pleased for you.  :Winking_smiley:

Current Phone  >

Haven't tried another browser yet though il do that now just to see thankyou!