Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

PAYG expired

richardmcmlvii
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

My PAYG expired 2 days ago and the phone is 'No Service'. How do I top it up?

9 REPLIES 9

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @richardmcmlvii 

If you are receiving the message 'no service' it sounds like you have not used the SIM for 180 days and the SIM has been disconnected from the network for non use.

If this is what has happened, you will need a new SIM and this will have a different number.

You ca speak to the Social Team here: Contact Us they will be able to let you know if there is any chance of retrieving the number.

Tks for this, but the phone was last used on 4th of this month. I was transferring to a monthly account and was told (27th Jan) not to top it up as the monthly contract would take over. It didn't. I have had 3 hour-long 'chats' with Customer Service to no avail. 

AnnS

Hi @richardmcmlvii 

That explains the situation.  If the number was transferred to pay monthly, you would have continued to use the same SIM card.  You would also have need to set up a new account for the pay monthly number.

Speak to the Social Team and they will get this solved for you.

Again, tks for your kind attention. However, I have tried 3 times to set up the monthly account, so far  without success. Each time I am told an email would confirm the transfer later and the SIM would arrive within two days. The last person I 'chatted' to said it looked as if the transfer had been done incorrectly and just left incomplete. He said he would fix it - he hasn't so far.  That was 3 days ago. It seems that 'topping up' the 'phone was my only option - but it seems not.

Hopefully the transfer will complete on Monday for you @richardmcmlvii bit if it does not please do persevere with customer services or the Vodafone Social Media Team's via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries to get this resolved for you.

Also try the old tried and tested method of turning the phone Off and On  !

I wish you all the best with this. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Restarting the phone got me back onto service - many thanks. Why didn't Customer Services suggest that? I went to topup - that failed due to error 500,RC4510. I went to buy a bundle - but cannot do that because there is no credit on the phone.

I checked the account - still PAYG. At least I can get onto MVF as I can get the security texts.

Two steps fwd, one back. I have not had an email confirming the new monthly deal, so I do not expect a SIM. 

I think I will have to close the account and start again as I think Vodafone have got this account in a total mess and cannot/will not do anything about it.

I'm glad that bit helped @richardmcmlvii 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Phone went back to "no service" this morning. No email or text from Vodafone, Turned the 'phone off twice - but to no effect.

No choice now but to go elsewhere and cancel the DD for the annual contract. I already have an iphone with them on an annual contract - when I upgrade to Iphone 12 in a few weeks it will be with another provider.  

Thanks for your help anyway. 

AnnS

Hi @richardmcmlvii 

I am not making excuses for Vodafone but with Covid and with the majority of staff working from the safety of their own homes. the simplest of tasks may not have completed as under usual circumstances  through a call centre.

Speak to the Social Team, they are the best of Customer Services and you only need to look around the forum to see the success they achieve.  You can speak to the Team here: Contact Us  with a link to the thread.  When you have passed data protection, they investigate the issue offline and reply when solved.