cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Can not top-up after being away from UK for a few months.

poor-PAYG-guy
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi,

I have been away from UK for several months and my phone was switched off for a long time. Yesterday I switched it on but the card couldn't get the signal. I had an online chat with the customer support staff, and was told that they did something with it and it should start getting the signal if I wait for a while. After several hours it really got the signal back, but now I can not top-up.

When I login to "https://www.vodafone.co.uk/myvodafone/" and select the amount to pay, I immidiately get the error "Sorry, we couldn't complete your payment. Your payment has now been cancelled. If you still want to make a payment, please start again. - [Error ref 1j1]".

When I try the "https://topup.vodafone.co.uk/topup" site and place my number, I receive the error "Please check that you’ve entered a valid Vodafone Pay as you go phone number.". Adding prefixes like 0, +44, or +440 to my number does not change the result.

I tryied to obtain support again from the online Chat, but can not pass through the "Loading, please wait" screen.

Any advise ?

Regards.

3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Your account may still be settling after what the agent did @poor-PAYG-guy 

Are you able to try a top up voucher from a shop.

You may need to speak to customer services on 191 or Live Chat again and or the Vodafone Social Media Teams > Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries. 

If a Vodafone payg account has not been used for 270 days making calls, sending texts or topping up then it can be deactivated and the number quarrantined which may have been the problem if that's the amount of time you have not used the account 

I have been away from UK for several months and my phone was switched off for a long time.  "

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hi,

Unfortunately the LiveChat option has been in the "Loading, please wait" mode for hours and hours. I tried different computer and browsers but nothing changed.

I also had a conversation with the polite lady on 191 but she kept on "checking things", and at the end, she suggested that I should call 2345 and top-up with the help of the 3rd-party non-human system .

As you can guess, I am now out of options.

Thanks anyway.

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@poor-PAYG-guy Were you able to message us through our Facebook or Twitter page? If you include your Community username and a link to your post you won't need to repeat yourself and we can get to the bottom of this for you :Smiling: