cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Top up taken from available balance but not applied to phone...

WelshPaul
16: Advanced member

So I ported my number over today from Three and the Vodafone tempory number had a balance of £9.80 which was showing as my balance after the port was completed. I wanted to top up another £10 which should have made the balance available £19.80 but upon submitting my payment i got the following error:

Sorry, we couldn't complete your payment

We're working hard to fix the issue, so please try again later.: 500, RC45C6 - [Error ref 1d2]

However as per my thread title, a £10 payment is showing in my pending transactions to Vodafone. Will this pending transaction drop off after a few days? If not, how do I get the £10 top up applied to my phone balance?

FYI - I am on the Pay go 1 tarrif with no bolt ons so it defiantly hasn't been applied to my Vodafone balance then dropped off due to any bolt on purchases.

2 REPLIES 2

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @WelshPaul 

If you set up an online account for the number you were previously using prior to porting, your online account and Application should have automatically changed to show the new ported number.  I suspect that since you only ported over today, there may be a delay with the account showing the ported number but this should kick in at midnight tonight with your balance showing the top up applied today.

This will need account access, the best way to get this solved and clarfied would be be contacting Vodafone through the Customer Service channels or by following this link: Contact Us 

WelshPaul

I didn't set up my online account until after the port had taken place and I had a text from Vodafone informing that the port was complete and welcome to my new network. So the scenario you mention above wouldn't apply in this instance. I can wait a few days and see what happens with my pending payment, it may just drop off after a few days. I won't top up again until tomorrow, will pop into a shop and get a voucher just in case it happens again.