main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle
Announcements
Keeping the UK connected is our main priority. Find out how we're doing thishere.
Close announcement

Pay as you go

Cannot receive incoming calls

Highlighted
2: Seeker

I have just bought a moble phone (TTfone Mercury with £20 vodafone credits).  I can make calls but cannot receive them.  I appreciate that this topic is covered by posts on this forum and I have done everything I can think of but the problem is still there.  It seems that if I can get hold of someone at vodafone they may be able to sort this out fairly quickly.  Livechat just sends me messages telling me to wait.  Is it possible that someone from Vodafone can email me to sort this out.  It will be a hassle to have to send the phone back.  Thank you in anticipation.

View more options
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
17: Community Champion

Hi @PaulWalters 

If you have only just activated the SIM by making a chargeable connection it can take up to 24 hours before the SIM is fully activated with all services and you may find your incoming call facility working shortly.

However, if it has been longer, you can speak to Vodafone through the Customer Service channels on this link. 

View more options
Highlighted

Hi, AnnS, 

Many thanks for getting back.  My 24 hours is just about up so I'll try another test call to the mobile shortly, failing that I will see if LiveChat has started chatting.  I've had mobile phones for over 25 years and never had this sort of problem before.  Hey ho.

View more options
Highlighted
17: Community Champion

Hi @PaulWalters 

Try resetting network settings by going into your connections settings, mobile networks, select an alternative network other than Vodafone, wait for it to reject the request and reselect Vodafone, followed by a reboot.

See it that helps.  (Fingers crossed)

View more options
Highlighted

Hello again,

Thanks for the further advice and that may well do the trick, however I have managed to speak to someone at vodafone and they told me that incoming calls were not activated or something along those lines.  Anyway, they have managed to fix the problem so all is well, touch wood.  I have read on various blogs that sometimes sim cards are not set up to allow incoming calls so I suppose this is one of them.  

Anyway, thank you for all your trouble, it's very reassuring to have somewhere to go for advice.

View more options