main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle
Announcements
Keeping the UK connected is our main priority. Find out how we're doing thishere.
Close announcement

Pay as you go

Change to SIM only

Highlighted
3: Seeker

I am on Pay as you go 1 and want to change to a yearly SIM only plan. You won't allow me to do this online because I am Pay as you go. Ridiculous! I shall get a SIM plan for my other phone from EE.

View more options
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
17: Community Champion

Hi @RQueen7 

There is nothing stopping you from changing from PAYG to contract. 

You should also be able to take out the contract online, Vodafone will keep you updated throughout the order process with email updates and when the credit check has cleared your order will be despached.  When you have the new contract SIM complete the form below to transfer your PAYG number to the new contract.

Keep my number 

View more options
Highlighted
17: Community Champion

Hi @RQueen7 

You can join Vodafone Pay Monthly via pay-monthly-contracts or Vodafone best-sim-only-deals 

But you will have to pass a Credit Check and have a Uk Bank Account for a Direct Debit.

Credit-checks. 

Please also take into account the tariff can go up each year due to the RPI price adjustments. 

Or use Live Chat  or Call 191 to sort out a contract.

You haven't actually indicated if you want to move your Payg number to a Contract but you can.

How-do-I-switch-between-Pay-monthly-and-Pay-as-you-go. 

Due-to-the-unprecedented-demand-on-our-call-centres-you-may-unfortunately-experience-longer-than-usu... 

As you have indicated you may decide to leave Vodafone i feel these help links are relevant.

Leaving-Vodafone/I-need-a-PAC-or-STAC. 

I-want-to-cancel-my-Pay-monthly-service. 

When-will-I-receive-my-final-bill. 

However I hope a route that suits you to be able to upgrade and remain with Vodafone.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Current Phone > Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B.

Samsung One Ui 2.1  / Android 10.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

Samsung Galaxy Buds.

View more options
Highlighted
3: Seeker

Thanks very much for your reply. I forgot my login details; hence, the delay. I did manage to get a SIM only contract online. However, l had to phone Vodafone, because the SIM I have is in an old Nokia Lumia Windows phone, and it is just a standard micro SIM card. My new phone needs a bank SIM card. I am getting a triple-cut SIM card within the next 3 days.

View more options