Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Cost for local resident to call me when I am roaming in their country

alistairjames
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Answers from across the internet say that when I am roaming in India, and a local Indian resident calls me on their phone, they are charged as if it was a local call. I am the only one paying extra costs because I am roaming.

Is this correct?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Not exactly @alistairjames , it's their call and they will still be calling a UK mobile number and will need to pay the charges. The restaurant would need to contact their provider to locate the charges for the call.

The simple answer is to get yourself a local SIM for the country whilst you are there to receive local calls.

If someone from the UK happens to call you, they will still be calling a UK mobile number and the charges will be covered by the monthly allowance.

Check out the charges here : Roaming Charge Checker 

View solution in original position

2 REPLIES 2

AnnS

Not exactly @alistairjames , it's their call and they will still be calling a UK mobile number and will need to pay the charges. The restaurant would need to contact their provider to locate the charges for the call.

The simple answer is to get yourself a local SIM for the country whilst you are there to receive local calls.

If someone from the UK happens to call you, they will still be calling a UK mobile number and the charges will be covered by the monthly allowance.

Check out the charges here : Roaming Charge Checker 

Thank you very much. Oh, to be able to easily get a local SIM in Bangalore! Used to be easy. Currently putting our hope for an upcoming trip in Vodafone's Extra International Roaming package! We shall see.