Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Warning if you dial a International Number

Getafix
16: Advanced member

Looks like Vodafone have introduced a New Service where if you dial an International Number it gives you a warning to check your Vodafone.co.uk for Charges. It let's you Terminate the Call before it actually Rings.
Definitely helpful and a good enhancement.

However the same Message if you are Roaming on Roaming Inclusive Plan and dial a Local Number in your Roaming Country.
I am in USA and get this message when I dial US Numbers. So I would ignore it as I know it is wrong.
Question is, I could incorrectly ignore the message, incase I have dialled another North American (all start with +1) Number?

3 REPLIES 3

Getafix

Looks like Vodafone has issue with Inclusive Roaming. Yesterday it blocked my calls while I was Roaming in USA.
I had to increase my spend limit to be able to use my phone, but there is no charges on my Account.

Called Vodafone, was told to call back once I am in UK as they need to do a Technical Check on my SIM.
Called them back today when I am back in UK and the adviser is telling me there is nothing they can do as I am back in UK.
And her suggestion is when I am Roaming, I should switch off my Spend Manager and I will be able to use the services.

Really, is this the standard that Vodafone has dropped too?

Hi @Getafix Sorry to hear about your recent experience. If you pop us over a message via our Social Media Team here we can take a closer look into your account and what might've happened here. 

Getafix

@Lucy_F I have already done that. Send it at 2208 yesterday, just cleared security few minutes ago.
Something you need to review as when you were dealing with it directly from here, much quicker and better service.

But then, I have just been told that although Morally wrong, as long as it Legal, Vodafone are happy with that.