Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

network and internet issues abroad

Tom2134
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hello. 

In March, I updated my contract and chose Unlimited Max Xtra Euro Roam. In England, everything worked for me, the network and the Internet without any problems. In May I went on holiday to Poland for a week and after landing I couldn't get a signal and I didn't even receive a message notifying me that I was in another country, of course roaming was turned on and I tried various techniques from vodafone technical support, i.e. turning off the phone, resetting network and turning airplane mode on and off, etc. but nothing helped. I called technical support from my girlfriend's number, but they couldn't help me with this problem either. The package is for 51 countries, I read the list and a given country was on the list plus extra Switzerland etc. After returning to England, I contacted local customer service, they helped me with the problem for over an hour and finally added e-SIM to the phone and assured me that everything would be fine next time. In mid-July I went abroad again to France, Belgium, Germany, Switzerland and in none of these countries my network or internet worked, so it was exactly the same problem and I had to buy an additional e-SIM card in Switzerland and other countries to have internet, this caused me to incur additional costs. I am very disappointed by this situation. I would also like to add that I inserted the gifgaff SIM card from my girlfriend to make sure it was not a problem with my phone, but everything worked normally and the previous contract, which I also had Unlimited calls, texts and the Internet for Europe, worked fine abroad, so the problem began to appear after the contract was updated. There are two options to solve the whole situation: Vodafon will finally help me fix the network problem or let me leave without paying an additional penalty by not fulfilling the contract. I will appreciate for any help. Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

I'm sorry to hear of your issues with Roaming Abroad @Tom2134 

It does sound like an issue with your account from what you write. 

I don't think Vodafone would let you end your contract without penalty , as they are providing you with services in the UK which is where you reside. 

Roaming is an add on.

Personally I do use a local sim as roaming can present issues including getting a signal etc When using your uk sim. 

You could certainly raise a complaint to ask for your account to be properly looked at , and for any extra paid to be able to use your account abroad be returned as a goodwill gesture. 

The Vodafone Social Media Teams on x or Facebook are part of the complaint Teams so they can help. 

And or use https://www.vodafone.co.uk/help-and-information/complaints/code-of-practice 

If i can be of any further help please don't hesitate to ask  😎 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

"Roaming is an add-on." Yes, but roaming incurs an extra charge and is not free. If I did not need, I would not purchase this offer but a cheaper one without roaming extras. So why am I paying for something that doesn't work? They should let me leave without penalty because it's not my fault obviously. 

Lucy_F

Hi @Tom2134 Sorry to hear this trouble you've been facing with your service, this isn't what we want for our customers. Can you please message our team via the contact information found here so we can take a closer look into your account and ensure everything is set up correctly to roam? 

Yes, of course I can. I will do it today. Many thanks.