main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Pay as you go

Deactivation

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you. It is clear for me now that my number has been disconnected and online chat support also confirmed the same thing. But they said that it has not been recycled to another user yet.

Can you tell me how long does the quarantine period take?

If it is the case, I accept that I lost this number.

View more options
13: Advanced Member

Sorry, the display on the forum is very spacious, I hadn't realised I'd replied twice to the same person! I've very little idea how long the whole process takes - I'd hope that quarantine might last a year, but that may be too optimistic. And of course it probably depends on how tight the supply of numbers is - not sure if it's Ofcom or some other body which releases them, but I think batches of new numbers are given to the networks from time to time.

Someone else may know more about this!

View more options
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your reply. I just asked this question here because I have not found any information the website regarding recycling numbers.  I think that it will also be helpful to another users who has similar issues.

View more options
13: Advanced Member

I'm sure it has come up on the forum multiple times in the past, particularly when the disconnection period was shorter. I've an idea it was as low as 90 days for a while, but that sounds a bit startling!

If you Google Ofcom and recycling numbers, a ton of stuff comes up - https://www.ofcom.org.uk/phones-telecoms-and-internet/advice-for-consumers/advice/pay-as-you-go-mobi... looks the most immediately relevant.

I mentioned it to a couple of friends earlier ths evening, they both seemed to think that Vodafone's cut-off time was more generous than the networks they were with - I think it was the additional 90 days at the end that was the difference.

View more options
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just tried to dial my old phone number in order to find out what happens but the line is totally deaf.

It does not appear that my number has been disconnected and there is no new user who could answer my phone call. It simply ended phone call without telling what is going on with my non-used number,

I just guess, it can be because my number is not active or otherwise technically dead and has not been re-issued to another customer but I am not sure. I have no clue as to what it means.

View more options