Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Delivery of data SIM card

David_J_H
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I ordered and paid for a pay as you go data SIM card on 20th May directly from Vodafone. The order reference in the email appears to be specific to this kind of order (it starts with T, followed by 10 digits), and is not trackable. I'm still waiting for an indication that the order has been despatched, and have no idea about when I might receive it. The online chat with Vodafone is unhelpful, to say the least - it's like the order is in a black hole. I regret not ordering a 3 card from Amazon, which would have been delivered last weekend.

Is there any way for me to get an indication of the order status, and when I might receive the card? Or indeed, cancel the order and receive a refund?

6 REPLIES 6

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

When I order my Vodafone Payg sim cards I usually receive an email to update me of its progress @David_J_H 

The sim card usually takes a few days to arrive depending on the post, weekends and the relatively short period of time that you placed your order.

Mine took around 7 working days.

Perhaps check any relevant spam email inbox.

Hopefully it'll be with you in the next couple of working days.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks for the reply - it is appreciated. Perhaps Vodafone could think about making it easier to track the status of the order and delivery. When it is not possible to do this, and the order reference is also not recognised as a standard order, I began to wonder if I had been scammed. For a company that likes to make its technology part of its offer, this is surprising. If I'd ordered from Amazon, or elsewhere, I would not have had this concern, and I'd have already received my order. I'll almost certainly not order directly from Vodafone again.

BandOfBrothers

Totally appreciate your viewpoint on this @David_J_H 

I also pick up my sim cards from my local convenience shop or petrol station for 99pence and then top up.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Farai
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

I'm really sorry to hear this @David_J_H. Could I ask which channel you used to order your Pay as you go SIM? Please let us know and we'll take a closer look. Also, have the funds for the credit also been taken from your bank account? 

Hello Farai,

I ordered directly from Vodafone, using this page;

https://freesim.vodafone.co.uk/check-out-data

I've now received an email , indicating that the card has been despatched, but;

- the tracking number is not recognised by Royal Mail

- if it was really sent first class post, it would have arrived this morning - it didn't, so I'm still waiting. Hopefully in the post tomorrow.

I think the funds left my bank account at the time of ordering, but will need to check.

Thanks for that information @David_J_H. When did you receive the e-mail telling you that we've dispatched the SIM Card? Mark