Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Failed port, useless customer service

ComingThrough
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I requested a port over to Vodafone from another provider this Thursday. Friday morning I've received a text saying that the port was completed. 

I can't receive any texts or calls apart from Vodafone. I cannot access many of my accounts because I can't receive verification codes. I contacted Vodafone numerous times and time and time again they kept telling me that everything is fixed and all I have to do is re-insert my SIM card. It's just not true, nothing is fixed and my phone is almost completely useless right now. I don't know who else to contact since the customer service is completely incompetent.

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

I appreciate what you've been told @ComingThrough and of.course this should have completed and been seamless.

As porting does not happen or complete over a weekend may i ask you to check again on Monday and if this has not resolved then speak with the Vodafone Social Media Teams via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries and.tell them you think this is a Split Port issue.

Link back to your thread here including your forum username so your not having to repeat yourself.

I suggest the Twitter route.

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thank you for your reply. I've tried my luck one more time and I got a good representative that finally fixed my problem. There is one more problem that remains, my international call bar is enabled and not disabling. I've sent numerous requests but it always stays on "on" 

You're very welcome @ComingThrough 

Again the Vodafone Social Media Teams can help with that and or Live Chat.  

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

@AnnS

That's the thing, the requests all fail. As soon as I log out and log back in or switch to a different page and then return to "international calls" page, the request is gone and the International calls bar is back to solid green "ON". Customer service can't really help either because they try to do the same thing as I do and it's bugged.

EDIT: Vodafone International is enabled for me, it's just I can't actually make any international calls while this bar is in place.