cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

How do I ask Vodafone to improve its PAYG offer for the elderly in Care Homes?

Inggareth
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

My elderly mother is in a care home and relies heavily on using a Vodafone PAYG phone which I have set up for her. Because of Covid there is no option for her to have visitors so the phone is her only means of communication. There are lots of deals and offers for data and texts but my mother is only capable of using the phone for talking. The Big Value Bundles are not good value for talk time. The £10 bundle gives 250 minutes/month, the £15 bundle 250 minutes and the £20 bundle 1000 minutes. 250 minutes is not enough and the 1000 minutes is more than enough. Why not offer 500 minutes for the £15 bundle? Or have a special Covid talk time rate for the elderly?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Indeed Vodafone have made this very straightforward @Inggareth 

See here:  I'm a Vodafone customer - Can I join Voxi the link mentions pay monthly, even easier for PAYG, just contact Voxi to make the change.

View solution in original position

4 REPLIES 4

AnnS

Hi @Inggareth 

I can't comment on the points you have mentioned, but it would certainly be something for Vodafone to consider.

I don't know if you have thought of joining Voxi, still Vodafone but with endless calls to UK numbers, your Mother wouldn't be interested in the endless social media, but she would have the beneift of unlimited calls and text messages.  Vodafone have made changing easy, you can even use the same SIM card.

The Voxi link is here:  Voxi 

Hi Ann

Voxi is a great suggestion. However I hope the swap is super easy and flexible. Bearing in mind I manage the phone she is using from a distance and she doesnt know how to do texts!

Thanks

AnnS

Indeed Vodafone have made this very straightforward @Inggareth 

See here:  I'm a Vodafone customer - Can I join Voxi the link mentions pay monthly, even easier for PAYG, just contact Voxi to make the change.

BandOfBrothers

I agree it's important to be connected and even more so in these unprecedented times @Inggareth 

Vodafone have Big Value Bundles or Payg1 to choose from or maybe even Sim only.

Stay Safe 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.