Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

How to block Vodafone messages?

OldGrantonian
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have Vodafone Smart First 7.

I get more messages from Vodafone than I get from my friends and family. Is there any way to block the Vodafone messages?

Here are 2 examples:

- Google Chrome, fast and sec...
- In this month's Collected Life, we....

Thanks.

11 REPLIES 11

63johnw
17: Community Champion

Hi @OldGrantonian  do you have the my Vodafone app installed? If you do go into settings, app settings, marketing permissions, then have a look in there to see if you can adjust the messages you are receiving in there. 

BandOfBrothers

@OldGrantonian 

If you phone support on 191 or use Live Chat they can filter your preferences directly on your account. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Blair
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey @OldGrantonian, we certainly don't want to bother you with unwanted messages. I know that can get a bit frustrating. You can change your marketing preferences by calling us, however you can also do this really quickly by sending a text as shown below:

To opt out of calls from us about Vodafone products and services text STOP CALL to 9774
To opt out of text from us about Vodafone products and services text STOP SMS to 9774
To opt out of multimedia messages (MMS) from us about Vodafone products and services text STOP MMS to 9774
To opt out of us using Billing & Account Data to offer you tailored products and service text STOP BASIC to 9774

I hope this help.

Blair

I keep texting 9774 saying STOP SMS and you stop for that campaign but you start a new campaign and it starts up again. I don't want to hold for 20 min at your "we are really busy at the moment" call center. Stop sending texts.

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@tlwescoatt This can take 29 days to update your marketing preferences - if it's been longer than this time, please let us know by messaging us on Facebook or Twitter and we'll update these for you from our end.

I asked last March, last September, in January, and again in March - looks like you delete my preferences every 3 months - knock it off please

@Blair wrote:

Hey @OldGrantonian, we certainly don't want to bother you with unwanted messages. I know that can get a bit frustrating. You can change your marketing preferences by calling us, however you can also do this really quickly by sending a text as shown below:

To opt out of calls from us about Vodafone products and services text STOP CALL to 9774
To opt out of text from us about Vodafone products and services text STOP SMS to 9774
To opt out of multimedia messages (MMS) from us about Vodafone products and services text STOP MMS to 9774
To opt out of us using Billing & Account Data to offer you tailored products and service text STOP BASIC to 9774

I hope this help.

Blair

None of  that works NEVER has done! 

ONLY way to stop these is to call customer services.

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm sorry for the confusion @HondaZ50M. Since Blair posted this message in 2019, there's been some changes in the way you can manage your Marketing preferences. These can all now be managed through the My Vodafone app, or online through your My Vodafone account. You can find more information on doing this on our website.

Then mention that in your marketing messages rather than ending them with out of date information that doesn't work.