cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Is there a way to get retrieve my phone number?

BALLERINANOIR
4: Newbie

Hi,

I have only been using my PAYG phone recently to receive calls as I have been in hospital (its been quite a few months). It was working fine just a few weeks ago but I noticed now that there is no network and I am unable to topup. I wasnt given any warning text that I was approaching the threshold for it to be cut off, otherwise I would have got a family member to top it up for me! Seems a little unfair to just cut it off with no warning! Is there any way to get my phone number back? I will happily top up my phone if you can get the Vodafone network working for me again, thanks 

9 REPLIES 9

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @BALLERINANOIR

After 180 days of non usage Vodafone should advise the account holder as best as they can and then after another 90 days of non usagd the number is suspended,  quarantined and put back in the number pool to be re issued at a later date. 

There is a very slim window of opportunity to get it back. 

Contact customer service to ask and they'll advise. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hi, 

I have the same issue, I was receiving texts on my phone just under 4 weeks ago but I have been in and out of hospital battling tumors so I have not made any out bound calls or texts and only received. Is it possible to get my number back please? 

Hi @BALLERINANOIR, the information provided by @BandOfBrothers is correct and after six months out of circulation, the number is released and registered to another account. we'll be happy to look into getting this number back for you. As we'll need to take some personal information from you to do this, please get in touch through the link in the private message I've sent.

I'm in a similar position.

If it hasn't been reassigned, would it be possible to retrieve a number I surrendered 7+ years ago?

Many thanks.

@BowlingAlone wrote:

I'm in a similar position.

If it hasn't been reassigned, would it be possible to retrieve a number I surrendered 7+ years ago?

Many thanks.

Very unlikely @BowlingAlone 

Have you tried ringing it ?

It's also been known for networks to let numbers go to other networks or so I believe.

Only way to be sure is to call Vodafone, use Live chat or Facebook or twityer to ask the Vodafone Social Media Teams.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)

Hey @BowlingAlone, I don't imagine we'd be able to get a number back after such a long time. We can usually recover one up to around three months after it's disconnected, sometimes longer on rare occasions. 

We'll be more than happy to take a look for you, but I'd like to manage your expectations and let you know it's probably a no. 

Please contact us via Facebook at Vodafone UK, or get in touch on Twitter using the handle @VodafoneUK. Make sure to pop your username and link to this thread in your message too, this will save you having to explain again and we can help you quicker. 

I'm one of those odd folks who uses neither twitter or facebook. I know, weired! Thanks for getting back to me.

Regards.

TJ

I'm sorry we weren't able to do more to help @BowlingAlone - as I mentioned after such a long time, the numbers probably been recycled. If there's anything else you need help with though, please don't hesitate to get back in touch. 

linedar11
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

If the phone run in Android system, you can use a recovery tool to extract phone number, maybe it can get number back.