main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Announcements
Keeping the UK connected is our main priority. Find out how we're doing thishere.
Close announcement

Pay as you go

Migrating number from Vodafone PAYG to Business Account

2: Seeker

Vodafone have just informed me that I can't migrate my PAYG number (which I've had for 15 years) to the business account of my new employer - got to be kinding right?

View more options
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
17: Community Champion

Was this live chat or an agent on 191 @IRTYLER  ?

Did they give a reason ?

Current Phone > Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B.

Samsung One Ui 2.0  / Android 10.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

Samsung Galaxy Buds.

View more options
Highlighted
17: Community Champion

Hi @IRTYLER 

I am not sure of the reason for Vodafone being unable to transfer a PAYG number to a business contract, I would imagine if the business contract is in the name of the company they would need to make the request or the number would need to be on a consumer contract and going the change of ownership route to business.  There is further information on change of ownership here: Transferring your number and agreement  If the business account is Corporate, it would be a different procedure and any transfer of number would need to be done using an internal PAC.

However, there have been previous threads on the forum where a personal number has been transferred to a business contract and the employee leaves the company and for security reasons the employer is unable to return the personal number.

A workaround would be to set up a divert from the business contract to the PAYG number, understandably not ideal.

I would recommend following this thread for direct help and advise from the Social Media Team : Contact Us 

View more options