main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Pay as you go

Mobile data not working

Danstewardson
2: Seeker

Hi guys,

I’m hoping someone can help as I’ve called Vodafone 8 times and had zero luck.

I have an iPhone 12 Pro and got a £20 big value bundle last week and the past couple of days I’ve only been able to use mobile data when I’m on a phone call.

Vodafone checked my mobile data settings are set up quickly (pp.vodafone.co.uk etc etc), but it isn’t making any difference.

Any one have any suggestions? 😭

View more options
4 REPLIES 4
AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @Danstewardson 

This is a strange one for sure.

I would recommend synchronizing to your itunes/Apple account, this will download the carrier settings.

Also text WEB to 40127 to download the settings.  Also make sure you have selected prepaid in your connection settings and you mobile data is turned on.

Also see here: Why can't I connect to the Internet? 

View more options
BandOfBrothers

As a process of elimination to rule out your sim card and account can you try your sim card in another phone @Danstewardson 

Customer services can on request flush your account to see if that helps.

Current Phone >

Samsung Z Fold³ 5G.

Previous Phone >

Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G - SM9860.

View more options
Danstewardson
2: Seeker

Thanks, yeah I’m going to ask them to flush the account as well.

On my last call with Vodafone they said the phone mast closest to me is having hardware replaced and it’s due to be fixed by 31st July, which I can’t really wait that long for! (If that’s the cause of the issue)

View more options
AnnS

If this is a network issue @Danstewardson Vodafone won't be able to give a timescale for the fix, it is dependent on lots of factors as explained here: Network Queries 

You need the help of the Social Team for this one, complete the template on this thread giving an example of the issue and they will get back to you as soon as possible here: Network Issues 

View more options