Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

My Account

hadrian9637
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

My. Mother just got out of hospice care and got a NASTY customer service agent claiming she had been cut off because she hadn’t used her topup card in over a year!   No great surprise about the card usage - she’s 80+ and tops up in store by cash with one of the store agents!

I'm shocked by this lack of customer service from the company that claims ‘we are keeping Britain connected during the COVID crisis!  Far from it Olin my opinion!

I’m trying to reach customer service by phone from Canada but I keep getting the ‘lack of agents in the contact centre’ excuse then I’m CUT OFF!

My question to the community is this:  How do I ADD my CANADIAN credit card to HER account to pay for her topup transactions?

can it be done online?  Is there ANY WAY TO DO THIS without  using the contact centre?

please advise with your solution

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @hadrian9637 

Sorry to hear about your poor Mother, there was no excuse for any rudeness.

The problem is going to be with the SIM not being used for over a year, it would have been disconnected from the network for non use, the maximum period Vodafone will keep the SIM active without activity is 90 days and they give an extra 90 days after that to top up before final disconnection. 

To answer your question, with Vodafone UK being a UK network, topping up has to be done using a UK registered card, you wouldn't be able to add a foreign card.

View solution in original position

2 REPLIES 2

AnnS

Hi @hadrian9637 

Sorry to hear about your poor Mother, there was no excuse for any rudeness.

The problem is going to be with the SIM not being used for over a year, it would have been disconnected from the network for non use, the maximum period Vodafone will keep the SIM active without activity is 90 days and they give an extra 90 days after that to top up before final disconnection. 

To answer your question, with Vodafone UK being a UK network, topping up has to be done using a UK registered card, you wouldn't be able to add a foreign card.

BandOfBrothers

Hello @hadrian9637 

I fully understand and appreciate how important it is to be connected especially when people are apart due to being in different countries.

And especially in these unprecedented times.

In regards to payg usage a person has to make some form of account activity i.e call, text , data use or top up every 180 days.

If a person does not then they are given an extra 90 days to make some.usage.

Screenshot_20200503-054347_Dropbox.jpg

May i assume though her phone number is still working i.e not cut off for non usage but she needs an option to top up to keep using the number ?

The options are How-can-I-top-up-my-phone-or-another-number. 

As you cannot add your own card as Vodafone will only allow UK cards can someone pick up a top up voucher from a local shop etc in the interim ?

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈.

That said a Vodafone Agent has to remain professional and polite when conversing with a customer.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.