main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle
Announcements
Keeping the UK connected is our main priority. Find out how we're doing thishere.
Close announcement

Pay as you go

My Vodafone TopUp error [Error ref 1w0]

Highlighted
3: Seeker

I've been getting these error messages when trying to top up or manage my card details ...

MANAGE CARD:  Sorry, there seems to be a problem We're working hard to fix the issue, so please try again later.: 500, FMW_0_0001 - [Error ref 1w0]

PAYMENT:  Sorry, we couldn't complete your payment Please check your card and try again. - [Error ref 1w0]

How long do these things take to resolve ? My plan runs out tomorrow!

View more options
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
17: Community Champion

It could also be your Bank stopping the top up especially if its being tried a few times.

When you use your card does the money get taken / ring fenced off awaiting for Vodafone to collect  ?

Might be worth having a word @rsjr 

Live Chat  or Customer Services on 191 or even the Vodafone Social Media Teams via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries can check your account. 

Sometimes clearing cookies and caches can help.

Are you in the interim able to get to a newsagent shop for example to get a top up voucher ?

pay-as-you-go- How to top-up. 

🌈Stay Safe  🌈 

Current Phone > Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B.

Samsung One Ui 2.1  / Android 10.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

Samsung Galaxy Buds.

View more options
Highlighted
17: Community Champion

Hi @rsjr 

Although you have received an error when trying to top up online does not mean the transaction has not been processed.  I would check your online banking, you may find the funds ringfenced against your account as pending.  Your Vodafone online account and application will show any added credit as would calling the top up line on 2345.

If you are certain the transaction has not been processed, try topping up using an alternative card or directly through the application.

Unfortunately, if the card has been flagged by the bank you will need to speak to your bank to have the bar removed, otherwise you are going to be unable to use the card anywhere.

View more options