Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

No mobile data since I switched to Vodafone

RobT2
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Weeks ago I purchased a PAYG Vodafone sim and bought a BVB. I then had my number ported across from Asda Mobile to Vodafone. I can phone and text ok but I have never been able to use mobile data whatsoever.

i have spent an enormous amount of time online with your customer support staff who although being very polite, fail to grasp the issue and can never get beyond reading through the support script that they have.

My wife’s Vodafone sim works flawlessly in my phone, but using my sim in her phone does not let me use mobile data either.

it is my opinion that the problem lies with my account.

Please can anyone from Vodafone help at all ?

17 REPLIES 17

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @RobT2 

As you have  tried everything and have exhausted live chat and Customer Service channels please follow this link, this will give you direct help and support from the Social Media Team to get your mobile data working on your PAYG SIM:  Contact us for account specific enquiries  

BandOfBrothers

Hi @RobT2 

That's a very good process of elimination by trying sim cards in other phones.

It's a process I recommend frequently. :Smiling:

Being connected is important and even more so in these unprecedented times so I appreciate you want this sorting ASAP.

This then sounds like a Split Port where for some reason not all the porting in files have settled on your Vodafone Accountm

Customer service on 191 or Live Chat  can get this resolved quickly by looking at your account and if necessary pass this onto the Vodafone Porting In Teams.

Please allow a little more time than usual when contacting any of the Vodafone Customer services routes including Social Media due to the Teams being stretched due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hi,

i have tried the Live chat several times and they are sending me a new sim. However, if the problem is with my account that still won’t work and will cause me more hassle porting my number again. Is there a social media link that can help ?

thanks

BandOfBrothers

@RobT2 

Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries is the Vodafone Social Media Teams link.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @RobT2 

I provided the information to contact the Social Media Team on my reply to you late last night.

Hi,

I was dealing with Rich on the Facebook customer service, but know no one will respond to my messages.

I have tried everything that they have said and I am still unable to use any data at all.

Today I have spent most of the day backing up my phone and then completely wiping it and restoring it, hoping that the Sim might work, but it is still the same issue.

This morning I received a sim that was sent to me to try, but I am so nervous now about swapping the sim as I am worried that no one will help me to swap my phone number which is vital to me.

To recap. I have now tried 2 other Vodafone sims in my phone, in both cases, data works perfectly without any changes needed, whilst my sim does not work with data in any phone that I have put the sim in.

The problem must either with my account, or the sim itself.

I have now been almost 5 weeks with no data but I have been paying for this service.

Can anyone here help me at all please and advise who I can contact in Vodafone that will have the integrity and ability to help me ?

Thanks.

AnnS

Hi @RobT2 

This is definitely an account issue, from what you have described the data part of the SIM has not been enabled and needs to be added.

If you have replied to the Social Media Team through Facebook a follow up message would help with a link to this thread.  

Fingers crossed it will be working for you soon.

Hi AnnS,

I am still unsure how I can proceed. 

I only get a reply from Vodafone on Messenger every once in a while.

Would I be better calling a telephone number to have this resolved or is there anything anyone else can do to help?

I have a replacement sim, but I don't know how can I test this as it needs activating, and if it does work, how can I have my number and bundle transferred to it ?

Appreciate your help.

Thanks.

Hi @RobT2 I have tracked down your conversation and can see this has now been picked up, if you do need us to chase this up at any point drop us another message here. I hope we can get this resolved for you soon 😊