Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

PAYG - No credit available when dialed 2345 to check

2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi,

I ordered a PAYG Sim over the Internet. Then I went to a Vodafone shop and got a voucher for £10. From what I can gather, I've been automatically put on a £10 Big Value Bundle when I want to be on PAYG 1. My phone is only for emergency use and not for making regular calls. When I dialed 2345 it said I have a £10 BVB with no calling credit available. Can you change this please so that it says I have PAYG 1 with £10 calling credit? Thanks!

8 REPLIES 8

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

You would have to call 191 or Live Chat @54364 to see if they can help by accessing your account. 

There isn't account access via this forum.. 

The Vodafone Social Media Team's via Twitter or Facebook maybe able to help.

Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries. 

If you do change to Payg¹ however make sure you turn off Mobile Data in your phone's settings so you are not charged the £1 daily charge for usage.

How-do-I-remove-my-Big-Value-Bundle. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hi BandOfBrothers,

Thanks for your reply.

I contacted Vodafone via Twitter as I've never managed to make Live Chat work.

Nisa said:

"You'll need to dial 2345 from your Vodafone mobile and change your bundle, however this won't renew automatically as you'll need to wait for the current bundle to end. Nisa"

I think I dialled 2345 and opted out earlier. I think it said the BVB would expire on 7th October. Do you think this will put me on PAYG 1 next month with my £10 calling credit?  Since topping up using a voucher I've not used any credit on my phone to my knowledge and so should still have £10.

Thanks for the tip regarding Mobile Data.  I have an ancient phone and so I don't think this will be an issue (Sony Ericsson J220i).

BandOfBrothers

Yes @54364 as the Vodafone Social Media Team Member says you'll now need to wait until your current Big Value Bundle ends and then you'll drop onto Payg¹

Payg¹ Terms and Conditions Pdf. 

Your Myvodafone online and Myvodafone app should show your new payg tariff when it changes.

So as long as you've opted out of your BVB successfully you'll change to your new tariff.

And yes as long as you don't access mobile data you shouldn't be charged the £1 daily rate for accessing data.

The terms for opting out of the bvb are also in Terms-and-Conditions/consumer/mobile/pay-as-you-go/big-value-bundle. 

Current Phone  >

Evie
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey there @54364 - We can certainly look into if anything can be done if you have remaining credit on your account, but you may need to wait until your automatic renewal date just to set your expectations. If you would like us to chase this up on social media, please let me know your Facebook or Twitter handle and I'll locate the conversation.

Hi AnnS & Evie,

Thanks for both of your replies.

I'll send a message to Evie.

AnnS

Hi @54364 

I mentioned @Evie as she was logged on and working this morning, when you contact the Social Team with your Twitter handle, you may be speaking to a different member of the Team.  However, you will still receive the same professional service and support.

I really hope you will get the £10.00 credit on your account as you wanted in place of the BVB and Vodafone go the extra mile with support for your customer journey.  When you hear from the Social Team and this has been solved come back to the thread to let us all know the results.   

Good luck.

Hi AnnS,

Thanks...it's finally got sorted! 

I managed to talk to Mac on Twitter before I could message Evie.

BandOfBrothers

Hi @54364 

I'm so glad I mentioned to speak to the Social Media Team's via the link I added in the first reply.

The Vodafone Social Media Team's are really good in helping customers with account issues via Twitter or Facebook.

👍

Current Phone  >