Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

PAYG invalid sim

Birdseye
2: Seeker

Mine seems a common problem,

I've been self isolating so not used my PAYG mobile for months and when I finally went to use this week it showed an invalid sim.

I'm rather deaf so can't call Vodaphone customer support myself. I've not had a message from Vodaphone telling me to use it or lose it either.

The chat online never works, I've tried numerous times but it never starts so I gave up.

any advice?

5 REPLIES 5

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Customer services via Live Chat or the Vodafone Social Media Team's via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries can check your account to see if the account has been deactivated because of non usage or not.

A Payg can be stopped if the account hasn't been used for 180 days Terms-and-conditions. 

Customer service can see if they can get the account working or not.

It dependent if they able tp re activate an account or not.

Unfortunately there is no account access via this forum @Birdseye 

I wish you all the best with this. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

I did finally get a reply today but I'm told that the 180 day rule applies regardless of the reason given.

There was quite a bit of money still left on that sim which I have now lost.

I was given a link to get a new sim & number but I think I will look elsewhere and be aware in future that it is use it or lose it.

Thank  you to all who offered advice

Even if you had received the message to use it or lose it within 45 days, and even if you had then used your phone in that period - the chances are you would have been disconnected anyway which is exactly what happened to me.

This was compounded when I sought help online and was expected to jump through hoops only to be told to go to shop.

In shop I was expected to jump through same hoops to then be told categorically ONLY the helpline - 03333 040 191 can reactivate the phone and I should never have been told to go to shop.

In both instances I was left with the impression of being lied to and fobbed off.

When I tried the helpline, the front end was automated and was asked to enter the phone number only to be told "number does not exist, goodbye".

That all seems very final

Birdseye

Thank you very much for your help & advice,

I've just sent a message via the Fb link so will wait to see if I get a reply. 

My Facebook message to vodafone remains unread, I think I will have to get another sim from somewhere online.