Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Pay as you go data not working

ritsach
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hello

I have a pay as you go sim card and I often have issues with my data stopping functioning out of nowhere, despite having reception and still having enough data. I have tried everything, I checked the restrictions on my account, there aren’t any.

6 REPLIES 6

AnnS
17: Community Champion

It's difficult to find the exact reason @ritsach .  I would recommend checking your Application just to make sure there is data remaining on your BVB.

Take a look at the network issues thread Network Issues To eliminate a SIM or phone fault Vodafone would recommend trying the SIM in an alternative phone.  You may need a replacement SIM.

To update the SIM on the network try completing a manual roam Manual Roam 

Information on your device here: Device Guides 

Hello,

Thank you for your answer.

I have checked out all that. I have this issue since the first days of using this sim card ( I just got it in October). 
Unfortunately I cannot check whether the issue comes from the sim card on another phone as I don’t have one.

I’m also pretty sure that the issue does not come from my phone as I have an alternative sim card from another provider that works perfectly fine.

AnnS

That clarifies it @ritsach , if you are using an alternative network SIM in the phone, when you change SIM's the APN settings are defaulting to the other network.

To get past this go to your connection settings and make sure Vodafone is selected.  Alternatively, a manual roam will get you on the correct APN for Vodafone.

Hi,

Are you sure? The alternative sim is an e-sim and only switches on well I select it as I chose my Vodafone sim as my main one. Further, the alternative e-sim provides me network from vodafone. I checked the networks again and it is set on Vodafone.

AnnS

You didn't mention the eSIM, you are lucky to get this working on PAYG.

At least we tried to find the problem @ritsach , maybe someone else has some suggestions

I hope 🙏🏼